Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I don't know how reliable the Guardian is in terms of tech news but it seems they are the only news outlet out there saying that the Nokia Ace might have a hardware keyboard.

The third handset, the Ace, appears to be designed for business users. It is the only new device with a keyboard, which is hidden behind a slide screen, and the casing is black with silver detailing. According to TechWith, it has an eight-megapixel camera
    Full article: Nokia to unveil three smartphones next week | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Me has sad if there is no candybar 4.3" from Nokia

Will make do with the Sea Ray if that is the case though

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Sweet.

Where are the Samsung new Propel/Blackjack windows Phone? I would love one.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    that's a good looking phone!

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Well if it's actually the E7 re-skinned I'll be very disappointed.

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    I have a strong feeling it's going to be the E7, pictured above
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Well if it's actually the E7 re-skinned I'll be very disappointed.
    Judging from what someone told me+this, putting two and two together, it will be. Not THAT bad but I wanted something new..

The E-7 is one sweet phone. I will probably drop my Arrive for it as long as it has a FF camera, the only thing missing from my Arrive that I really want. Although giving up the Arrive's 5row keyboard will hurt a little, I really like having dedicated number keys.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baka View Post
    The E-7 is one sweet phone. I will probably drop my Arrive for it as long as it has a FF camera, the only thing missing from my Arrive that I really want. Although giving up the Arrive's 5row keyboard will hurt a little, I really like having dedicated number keys.
    at first I thought it was weird, but now I really love that row of keys

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Looks like it's going to be a portrait qwerty keyboard

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Looks like it's going to be a portrait qwerty keyboard
    Blackberry style or slider style (i.e. Dell venue pro)? If it is a slider and penta band (so i can use it on tmo now and ATT later) i am in!

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Eh n/m my mistake. I was looking at the wrong phone

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    They might launch a QWERTY portrait slider. . . . but it's a low-end Symbian phone :(
    Nokia to announce QWERTY Series 40 Touch and Type tomorrow? -- Engadget

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Yeah that's what I got mixed up

Man, I hope so! The E7 is an awesome piece of hardware. Now if they could just jam the N8 camera and fm radio transmitter in there and some symbian phone usability (like discrete as opposed to linear txts, phone profiles, contacts search-on-type, dbl click to lock on shift&number, etc.)...

My only issue with the E7 design is that it is sealed battery (well screwdriver disassembly anyways). I'll never understand non-user replaceable batteries on business devices that can easily blow through a battery in less than a day [shakes head].
    palandri and Baka like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SB_Pete View Post
    Man, I hope so! The E7 is an awesome piece of hardware. Now if they could just jam the N8 camera and fm radio transmitter in there and some symbian phone usability (like discrete as opposed to linear txts, phone profiles, contacts search-on-type, dbl click to lock on shift&number, etc.)...

My only issue with the E7 design is that it is sealed battery (well screwdriver disassembly anyways). I'll never understand non-user replaceable batteries on business devices that can easily blow through a battery in less than a day [shakes head].
    +1 I agree.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Yeah they'll sell about 50K of those.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Was about to say i wouldn't like the E7 as my phone because the screen is smaller than my HD7's but a 4" screen is the same as my mom's Galaxy S 4G (don't worry i'm converting her xD) and i think that phone has a good screen size. Though i know AMOLED doesn't do well in direct sunlight, unlike it's Super AMOLED counter-part, i think anything would be better than my HD7's screen. (My mouth dropped to the floor when i compared screens with the Focus)

The only thing i would be iffy about is the hardware keyboard. I'm not a fan of those, but i'm willing to give it a try for a good phone.

OR! and i'm just spit-balling (or grasping at straws) here, maybe it could be a phone with swappable hardware accessories. . .

Quote Originally Posted by awesumjon View Post

The only thing i would be iffy about is the hardware keyboard. I'm not a fan of those, but i'm willing to give it a try for a good phone...
    Well, in that case then the Lumia 800 would seem to be a better fit for you. I'm sure they'll also end up making a 4.3-4.5" screen only device as those seem to be the rage with the carriers right now. In any case, the keyboard adds thickness so if you don't like them, then I can't imagine, you'd like a phone with one as they have to make compromises to include them.

Personally I prefer a 3.5" screen and a 5 row keyboard, but that's just me. I can't stand virtual keyboards and anything over 3.5" just takes up too much hand and pocket space. They seem fragile and demand two hands. I don't watch movies on my phone though - I just want a solid phone and txting device that I can look things up on and stream audio through. Occasionally, I watch news on it or a youtube vid, but that's about it.
    awesumjon likes this.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have the feeling, samsung, sony, htc, and nokia will all have some new keyboard phone by summer 2012. I hope dell makes one to becuase I love my VP. They will all probily come out around the same time. Im sure all of you have seen the sony WP7 leak pic, but thats old news and nothing came out of it, probily just a prototyip for testing. And like samsung really cant make one yet? I mean imagen this phone but WP7 Samsung Captivate (TM) Glide Cell Phone - from AT&T .

I cant wat for a new side slider WP7 phone!!! And that nokia looks like a epic little laptop.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SB_Pete View Post
    Well, in that case then the Lumia 800 would seem to be a better fit for you. I'm sure they'll also end up making a 4.3-4.5" screen only device as those seem to be the rage with the carriers right now. In any case, the keyboard adds thickness so if you don't like them, then I can't imagine, you'd like a phone with one as they have to make compromises to include them.

Personally I prefer a 3.5" screen and a 5 row keyboard, but that's just me. I can't stand virtual keyboards and anything over 3.5" just takes up too much hand and pocket space. They seem fragile and demand two hands. I don't watch movies on my phone though - I just want a solid phone and txting device that I can look things up on and stream audio through. Occasionally, I watch news on it or a youtube vid, but that's about it.
    I have large hands :D I'm clumbsy typing on less than 4.3" software screen :( Tested true on WP7 and Android (iOS 3.5" has a much wider aspect ratio than any Android 4"+ or WP7 device uses, so it's rather comparible in actual software KB space!).

Though to be fair, I'm probably just fanboi about 4.3" :P

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyshaw View Post
    I have large hands :D I'm clumbsy typing on less than 4.3" software screen :( Tested true on WP7 and Android (iOS 3.5" has a much wider aspect ratio than any Android 4"+ or WP7 device uses, so it's rather comparible in actual software KB space!).

Though to be fair, I'm probably just fanboi about 4.3" :P

I like 4.0 or smaller. :lol:
    Don't like big phones in pocket.

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    Think Ace will run Windows Apollo or up gradable? I recently got a blackberry torch like 7 months ago and I want to switch to windows phone by Nokia. However, I want a QWERTY keyboard!!! I dont mind waiting. I want a premium aluminum device.

I'll probably sell my playbook and get a Nokia W8 tablet the day it comes out as well.:happy::happy:

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freedomx20a View Post
    Think Ace will run Windows Apollo or up gradable? I recently got a blackberry torch like 7 months ago and I want to switch to windows phone by Nokia. However, I want a QWERTY keyboard!!! I dont mind waiting. I want a premium aluminum device.

I'll probably sell my playbook and get a Nokia W8 tablet the day it comes out as well.:happy::happy:
    I switched from a BB to the HTC Arrive, i was surprised at how much i like the spacious physical keyboard.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    Coming from Palm, I always had a physical keyboard. Now with a N8 and a Trophy I am use to a on screen keyboard.

Sent from my Nokia N8 using Tapatalk
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast