- 02-26-2013, 06:55 PM #4
Your router has a 2x2 MIMO antenna. It can operate at 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz simultaneously covering N and G bands. So something is wrong here as you mentioned.
Your Surface is forced to use the G band instead of N. This usually is achieved by a handshake between the devices. This is what I suggest.
- Turn off all your wireless devices,
- Reboot router.
- Logon to your router and make sure nothing is connected wirelessly. This ensures antennas are free and not locked into any bands.
- Power on surface and check your connection speed/band to see if it uses faster. N band.
if still shows as slow 50 mbps, that could mean the auto negotiate for band selection is not working right.On surface you can force N band selection. this is done through adapter configuration and settings. if you cannot find this I can send you details later when I get home.
- 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM #5
- 02-26-2013, 09:48 PM #6
I tried setting the router to N mode only and only had my Surface connected wirelessly and still only get 65mbps. It seems like, for some reason, the max is 65mbps.
Are you or anyone else reading this getting above 65mbps?
- 02-26-2013, 11:52 PM #8
- By fieldsy1024 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 18Last Post: 01-13-2013, 11:27 PM
- By mapexvenus in forum Surface for Windows RTReplies: 17Last Post: 11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
- By baseballbert in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 6Last Post: 11-06-2011, 11:01 AM
- By nickmiller71 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 10-16-2011, 06:52 AM
- By thearne76 in forum Phone WarsReplies: 10Last Post: 10-16-2011, 02:06 AM