02-11-2013, 04:33 PM #1
- 1,294 Posts
The Surface RT comes with a 24W power supply. The Surface Pro comes with the 48W power supply. Will the 48W power supply charge my Surface RT faster or is the extra wattage just for the usb port on the power supply?Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!
Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
- 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM #3
I would strongly suggest checking with Microsoft on this one. They have conflicting information on the Surface page and Microsoft Store page. One says they are each compatible with both devices and the other states explicitly that the 24W adapter is exclusively for RT and 48W is exclusively for Pro.
02-11-2013, 11:14 PM #5
- 94 Posts
the 48W charger works for RT but I don't think it'll change the charging speed. Pro has a 48w charger because it requires more power when being used.. so for the battery to still charge more power need to be supplied.. advantage of using 48w charger with RT is the extra USB power port and extended power cord.
Last edited by ttxzee; 02-11-2013 at 11:44 PM.
02-12-2013, 08:03 AM #6
- 340 Posts
Surface battery | Surface power | Recharge Surface), and yes it will charge faster (although the post doesn't mention it, I am pretty sure it was covered in the recent Reddit AMA with the surface pro folks I am Panos Panay with the Surface Windows 8 Pro Engineering Team AMAA. : IAmA)
- By Antwan3k in forum Surface for Windows RTReplies: 14Last Post: 02-11-2013, 08:27 PM
- By Brendan Dooley in forum Surface for Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM
- By vp710 in forum Surface for Windows RTReplies: 2Last Post: 10-26-2012, 12:53 PM
- By evilrobot in forum Surface for Windows RTReplies: 7Last Post: 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM
- By erikejf in forum General Tablet DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 10-08-2012, 07:55 PM