- 01-24-2013, 05:22 PM #1
I'm a couple weeks away from being able to get a Surface, and I've been wondering if this is possible. Seeing as I plan on using the Surface to watch movies via HDMI, I was wondering if there was any way to control it from the couch using my windows phone. I know Splashtop exists for Windows RT, but of course there is no app for Windows Phone, and the software for Windows RT isn't a server program. Is there any way of getting remote access to a Windows RT device with a Windows Phone?
- 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM #2
I know this won't help, but they do have a PC remote controller. I haven't seen anything for RT but I would expect something sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. I came from BB with Bridge to Playbook. It was an awesome setup and worked for almost every situation. It will come.
- 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM #3
Yeah, I use PC Remote Pro currently for my desktop. I considered taking the extremely convoluted approach of mirroring my desktop onto the Surface with Remote Desktop, and controlling the desktop from the other room. I wouldn't be optimistic about that being too functional though.
- 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM #5
I mean using Remote Desktop to reflect the screen of my main rig onto the Surface RT, while using PC Remote to control my main rig with my Windows Phone, thus controlling what's happening on the Surface RT. Like I said, probably wouldn't work, it's just the only scenario I could think of.
- By agallowa in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2011, 02:57 PM
- By thaman04 in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 13Last Post: 07-05-2011, 09:08 AM
- By CaliforniaMan in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-19-2011, 12:57 AM
- By grandebob#wp in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 18Last Post: 12-09-2010, 09:09 AM
- By StrykerGT in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 11-19-2010, 07:00 AM