Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Developer

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I'm switching to a Verizon Unlimited Plan in two weeks and I was wondering about tethering my plan without paying $60/month (I have two lines).

And, I've found a way to enable tethering without the plan, but I'm going to test it before I say anything else.

Just didn't want to have people feel like there's no hope-I'M 90% SURE THIS WILL WORK.

I'll be getting an 8X and an 822 for testing.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    the new Verizon unlimited plans include tethering free of charge.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Have you found a way yet? I've found a thread that MIGHT help but I haven't tried it. I'm still on unlimited data so this would be EXTREMELY beneficial to people like me.
    Thanked by:
    Developer

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Yes, however Verizon disabled the software itself. Plus, its a bit too risky (if you get caught its $250/gb you used while tethering). If you're interested, please dm me. Please leave the link, can't hurt.

I'm looking for that something helpful as well. Would appreciate any direction at this point and missing my beloved droid.

Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    Verizon had to pay a $1.25 million fine to the FCC last August because "The Man" pimp-slapped Big Red and told them they couldn't block tethering apps. Just like airspace is doled out to the airlines by the FAA, spectrum is leased to mobile carriers. In other words, it ain't theirs to regulate.
    Developer

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Yes, you are correct. However, our agreement states that they can cancel our accounts (or charge $250/gb) for tethering. Also, there's something with Windows Phone (and how it's "setup"), that blocks the workaround I had setup. Unfortunately, it must check your phone number with Verizon, rather than just pulling data through vzw3g.com, rather than dun.vzw3g.com.

I haven't really found a way to modify this and I'm pretty sure it isn't possible at this point. $30/month for unlimited tethered LTE isn't that bad. I used it last month because my hotel's wi-fi was only .2mbps and my LTE was 30mbps.

Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    The FCC said they can't block the app. That doesn't mean Verizon can't penalize you for breaking the TOS. I can't speak intelligently about the WP8 phone you wish to purchase but I do know that Android and webOS phones use yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com for data transmission.