02-07-2013, 02:57 PM #5
- 13 Posts
I noticed this yesterday on my Focus. I rarely use Zune at all but had my phone plugged into my laptop and was trying to get an App's live tile to work (it stopped working after I forced the 7.8 update). Anyway, every time I would try to power off my phone, the Samsung screen would appear and it would boot back up. I thought maybe the 7.8 update broke something and my phone would no longer shut off. I unplugged the USB from my phone and powered off and it shut off normally. So having the phone unplugged from my laptop seemed to work.
Not sure if this is how it has always been, since I rarely use the USB to charge it or if it's something new to 7.8.
Sorry if this is not the same issue that you are experiencing!
02-09-2013, 12:47 PM #6
- 21 Posts
I had this exact problem about a month ago. I played around with the connector with a razor blade and it ended up fixing it. I think the pin behind the door got bent or obstructed in a way that made it think it was connected to the charger when it wasn't. as a first step, I would recommend cleaning the port with canned air or something.
- By chicagodesi786 in forum Samsung Omnia 7Replies: 0Last Post: 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM
- By baseballbert in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 13Last Post: 09-26-2011, 11:29 AM
- By Trader05 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 6Last Post: 07-16-2011, 07:22 PM
- By D-Burrs in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:08 PM
- By jhzafrani#wp in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 6Last Post: 12-18-2010, 11:34 AM