Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Shane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
       #1  
    So I forced the 8107 update on my focus and now my Voicemail is not working. I don't just mean visual VM but VM all together. I can't even call from the phone (my own number)to get voice mail, just get a busy signal. When I call the VM number it tells me it can't find the VM box. Anyone have this issue as well?
  2. Thuoudo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #2  
    Just tried it (my SIM is spending most of its time in the S these days) and mine is OK.

    Don't know what to suggest. I suppose you could call your carrier and ask them to reset your voicemail. On Boost Mobile, when your voicemail didn't work, the operative term was "re-enable my voicemail, please."
    Press it...press it for glory!
    L900W: 8779, warranty replacement from Nokia
    Former: Focus S, Focus
  3. jimski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,254 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    #3  
    So by force do you mean, "I changed my carrier to get the update". If so, you will need to get that info which was overwritten during the update, from someone using your carrier network. Good luck.

    Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
  4. the_fly68's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    #4  
    Zune should've created a restore point before the 8107 update. I'd roll my phone back to mango and maybe try again.

    Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
  5. Zaisaroni's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #5  
    If you forgot to backup/write down AT&T..

    [HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\]
    MobileOperator = ATT-US
    MOName = AT&T Wireless
    OEMDeviceName = SGH-i917
    MODeviceName = SGH-i917
    OemName = SAMSUNG

    I just updated myself, resetting these data points back to the AT&T/Samsung values between getting the update notifcation, and then clicking install.

    VM still works for me.

Posting Permissions