Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    1,776 Global Posts
    I was all set to wait it out for the Nokia WP's, but now with the Focus S announced, I'm not to sure. If it has expandable memory, it will be hard not to pull the trigger on the S.

4.3" of SAMOLED screen goodness could be too hard to pass on.

A little help people is what I'm asking for!

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    4.3" of SAMOLED screen goodness could be too hard to pass on.
    Indeed. Based simply on my short experience with the current Focus I know I'd be sold on the S if I were in the market for a new handset right now. Samsung hasn't given me a reason not to so far. All comes down to how much patience you have in the long run, though, I suppose. It would be nice to be able to compare the two before you ultimately make a decision.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    It's hard to resist that screen! I'm honestly not expecting some real high-end Nokia phones until probably second quarter of 2012. It sounds like the Sea Ray/800 will be a mid-range device with a 1GHz CPU and 3.7" screen. If you have your heart set on upgrading in the near future, might as well go with the Focus S.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,045 Global Posts
    I'd wait for the Nokia.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,161 Global Posts
    I'm on the Nokia bandwagon too. I think Mango+Nokia Hardware/Software will be an unbeatable combo. My main concern is which carrier will receive a high end Nokia phone.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    I love my Samsung Focus. If my contract was coming due I'd pick up the new one in a heartbeat. I know everyone is looking forward to the Nokia phones, but the Samsung phones are great.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    I'm on the Nokia bandwagon too. I think Mango+Nokia Hardware/Software will be an unbeatable combo. My main concern is which carrier will receive a high end Nokia phone.
    That's the business practice in the U.S. that is really unfair to consumers, compared to Europe.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Wait until Nokia announces their lineup, then decide

I'm a Nokia fan. But that Samsung Focus S looks tempting.

I don't think we'll see a Nokia with comparable specs until March or April.

Global Posts
    2,347 Global Posts
    The main things that I see would be the sea ray will have a great camera lenss the smsung probably not as good a lens but still decent. Many people are hoping that the focus will, like the focus have a user accesible sd card slot to expand the memory. Thats something to consider as well If its there that would be pretty compelling to me. The idea of a Nokia WP is very very intriguing. The HTC Titan looks really good as well.
    Nokia has a pretty cool imaging app coming along...

Michael.

Global Posts
    2,347 Global Posts
    The nokias probably not going to get released here in US until sometime in Q1 2012 not sure when the Titan will be herein the US!
    Last edited by jfa1; 09-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    deppends what you want.....

better screen = FOCUS S
    Better camera = Nokia....
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

GekkoAce likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts
    Samsung hold their own in the camera department.

I will more than likely get the Focus S. I will probably get the next high-end Nokia device to hit AT&T as well.

For some reason, I think the next high-end Nokia or first Nokia WP device will be on T-mobile before all the other U.S. carriers.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Too bad Panama is not on the official WP7 list, I would love that people that are getting fed up with BBs had something nice to go too, instead of Android. That way we could all get a Focus S or a Titan or Nokia's WP7.

Guess I'll need to import my next WP7, too, which WILL be Nokia's next high-end. That means I hope it's on AT&T so I can get the proper bands.

My Focus just can't compare signal-wise, though the camera is almost as good as Nokia's best, in my opinion. However, it does have many good things over my previous Nokia phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by justop26 View Post
    Guess I'll need to import my next WP7, too, which WILL be Nokia's next high-end. That means I hope it's on AT&T so I can get the proper bands.
    There will be one for at&t.

Michael.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,117 Global Posts
    Isn't the Nokia rumored to have a lower resolution screen?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Isn't the Nokia rumored to have a lower resolution screen?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Nope, where did you hear this rumour? Do you mean screen resolution or screen size?

Michael.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,117 Global Posts
    I did a little more reserch and it looks like it will have the normal WP7 resolution.... The site I was referencing appears to be old, unacurate info...

Evidence of different screen resolution for Nokia’s concept Windows Phone 7 (or a new chassis) – istartedsomething

This one states the MS denies a lower resolution...

Does Nokia’s concept devices hint at a new, lower screen resolution for WP7? | WMPoweruser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Not upgrading until they increase the resolution. The focus is fast enough and the screen is the same as the focus s (except for overhyped superamoled plus)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryude View Post
    Not upgrading until they increase the resolution. The focus is fast enough and the screen is the same as the focus s (except for overhyped superamoled plus)
    Better battery life = overhyped? With my Galaxy S II, I notice a big difference!

In fact, I just hit 1 day 9 mins and I have over 20% left. Not sure how much exactly, but it's green.

To me, that is the most important thing and if I had to say one thing I dislike about my Focus, it would be the battery life.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    deppends what you want.....

better screen = FOCUS S
    Better camera = Nokia....
    I agree.. If you want the AMOLED then go with the Focus...

I think the Nokia will have a better design with a lacking screen (see now fired joemarini twitter posts), but a better camera.

That screen though... Holly cow.. when I tried looking at my HTC phone while mowing the lawn, it was not even near as easy to read as my Focus... <sigh> decisions...

I think I'm going for the better camera on the Nokia. I have twin 2.5 yr old kids and I need a good quality camera :) and good design. They like to bat my phone off the table/armrest/counter on to the floor at any opportunity.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I like the idea of waiting for a 2012 higher end Nokia device. I think it will be interesting to see what tweaks and special integrations Nokia and MS have come up with... The Samsung add-ons are not very enticing, IMO.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm a patient, satisfied Samsung fan and will probably wait for a Samsung Focus "8" to go down to $0. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by gekkoace View Post
    I think the Nokia will have a better design with a lacking screen (see now fired joemarini twitter posts), but a better camera.
    joemarini's tweets could have been for the high-end Nokia, but I strongly doubt it. Based on his tweet regarding its screen size and if it's the screen size I'm thinking about, it's not the high-end Nokia.

Anyway, a little birdie tells me next spring for AT&T...

I think I'm going for the better camera on the Nokia. I have twin 2.5 yr old kids and I need a good quality camera :) and good design. They like to bat my phone off the table/armrest/counter on to the floor at any opportunity.
    Like I said, they are working on some pretty cool camera stuff...

Michael.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast