Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm new to the smartphone world. Is this normal for heavy use. I played with it a lot today, but did not stream any videos. How is everyone else's battery life?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,041 Global Posts
    You said heavy usage. I would think 12 hours isn't bad at first with heavy usage.

Normally after I charge my phone, under settings>battery saver it say 1 day 12 hours left.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Uhhhhhhh. Estimated usage, 10 hours................

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    Uhhhhhhh. Estimated usage, 10 hours................

I am guessing it will get better after a few more charging cycles.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Actually, it's basing on my usage habit isn't it? I used it heavily yesterday.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have been getting terrible battery life with this phone. And I've not been using it too heavily. I've only had it two days, so I'll keep a closer eye on it.

Has everyone cranked up their brightness, by chance? :)

Yeah I think the jury is still out on the battery life. It didn't last me all day today. But it has also never been fully charged (charged it probably about 80% this morning). I played with it a good amount, but did not do any streaming really. I did have Wi-Fi on all day, and most internet usage was over Wi-Fi. But hopefully after a few charge cycles it will get better battery life.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    You may want to look into the Titan if battery life is your concern. The Titan should be released by the time your 30 day return time is up. So, I would recommend going in and seeing if you like that phone.

Someone at the XDA forums said this:

yesterday was the first full day i had with it, and i took it off the charger around 11am and when i got back at 330am, it still had about 30% left.

and it was a moderate to high moderate day of usage for me (listened to podcasts in the car for about 2 hours total, music at work for about 2 hours, updated posts, read facebook/twitter/websites, played some games.

i also have okay to poor reception at work, so that probably didn't help battery issues when i moved into areas with poor reception.

so in conclusion, i'm quite happy with how well it's holding up so far, as good as the original focus i had, if not even better.

Fully charged it this morning. Unplugged at 7:45am. It's about 6:45pm right now and I have 55% battery life left! I am pleased!

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    My battery life has been absolutely fantastic. Right now my stats are:

Time since last charge: 13 hours
    Percent left: 29%

This is with moderate usage. Three times better than my old Focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Quote Originally Posted by J4rrod View Post
    My battery life has been absolutely fantastic. Right now my stats are:

Time since last charge: 13 hours
    Percent left: 29%

This is with moderate usage. Three times better than my old Focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.
    Right this second I'm at 47% left with 11 hours since last charge.

I haven't paid attention to battery life much yet but today I listened to music for an hour, used my phone for 4 hours straight (mostly browsing internet with WiFi off), and then let my phone sit for an hour and it was down to 10%. Medium brightness.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wp7pwns View Post
    You may want to look into the Titan if battery life is your concern. The Titan should be released by the time your 30 day return time is up. So, I would recommend going in and seeing if you like that phone.
    Not sure why you are saying to look at the titan? It has a 1600 mAh battery vs the Focus S's 1650 mAh.

Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Not sure why you are saying to look at the titan? It has a 1600 mAh battery vs the Focus S's 1650 mAh.
    And a larger screen, and a slightly overclocked processor.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve2 View Post
    And a larger screen, and a slightly overclocked processor.
    The 8255t comes in 1.4 and 1.5 GHz flavors. HTC has a habit of using the 1.5GHz version so far.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Based on what I read, it's really 1.4 as the "official" speed, but not the max speed. HTC has decided to overclock it. But it's legitimate. So it comes in a 1.5 flavor from HTC, not Qualcomm...if that makes sense.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I unplugged the phone at 7am.

I've only had 7 or 8 short calls today (2-3 minutes each), with 15 minutes of streaming a podcast, and 45 minutes of listening to music via headphones. 5 minutes of GPS use, and another 10 minutes of fiddling around the UI doing web browsing and calendar stuff. Push exchange email. And the Samsung Weather backgrounding is turned on.

So here I am at 3pm down to 33%.

If I have a long call, I'll be juiceless for the drive home.

Moderate usage today. Battery stats indicates Remaining life: 82%, estimated time remaining, 1 day, time since last charge, 6 hours.

Yeah, I made it less than 11 hours today starting from a full charge, and moderate usage.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts
    If the Focus can give me 10-15 hours of heavy usage, I'll be happy.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    If the Focus can give me 10-15 hours of heavy usage, I'll be happy.
    No way! After six hours of heavy use mine was done.

Global Posts
    2,981 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StriderNo9 View Post
    Someone at the XDA forums said this:

yesterday was the first full day i had with it, and i took it off the charger around 11am and when i got back at 330am, it still had about 30% left.

and it was a moderate to high moderate day of usage for me (listened to podcasts in the car for about 2 hours total, music at work for about 2 hours, updated posts, read facebook/twitter/websites, played some games.

i also have okay to poor reception at work, so that probably didn't help battery issues when i moved into areas with poor reception.

so in conclusion, i'm quite happy with how well it's holding up so far, as good as the original focus i had, if not even better.
    that was me that said that, and so far it seems to be fairly good in battery life, today it's been off the charger for 13 hours, and is at 56% with an estimated 13 hours left on the battery.

that is with roughly the same level of usage as above, maybe slightly less.

the only major difference between today's usage and the one in the xda quote is i didn't go to work today, so the phone has been on wifi for a majority of the time.

I'm getting great battery life. Usually around 30% when going to bed with a 12-14 hour day off charge and moderate usage.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast