- 11-07-2011, 06:53 PM #1
If I turn off my Focus S and tap the Camera button within about 1 second the screen comes back on. I kept doing it I couldn't figure out what was going on. Anyone else have this bug?
- 11-07-2011, 07:24 PM #2
1. When you reboot the phone it automatically turns on the "auto display intensity"
2. The button to pause/play/next/previous on the earphone remote doesn't work
3. About 30% of the time, when waking up the phone it shows a fuzzy grey screen for a few seconds before showing the lock screen
4. Stuttering/slowdowns when connected to the micro usb cable
- 11-07-2011, 07:36 PM #3
11-07-2011, 07:54 PM #4
- 356 Posts
11-08-2011, 03:33 PM #6
- 356 Posts
I highly doubt that's an actual bug. Probably a design choice to make sure the experience (i.e. battery life) is acceptable without the user having to even check that setting. Maybe overkill for most of us, but maybe not for some target customers.
How often do these phones need to be rebooted, anyway?
- 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM #7
I have the stuttering problem, with a twist: it seems my phone has the stutter/lag on the touch screen when charging, but it has also done this twice after I took it off the charger. When I reboot (unplugged) it returns to its ultra-responsive self.
Weird! I can't tell if this is a software, firmware, or hardware problem.
11-22-2011, 08:38 PM #9
- 1 Posts
The most annoying thing I have seen is when video I record will play back upside down. The same video will at random play rightside up. I haven't seen this posted anywhere but both my wife and I have the same issue.
I don't know if it is related but these two phones will not show anything rightside up if the phone is held upside down.
Is anyone else having these issues or know what I am doing wrong?
UPDATE: You can force the video to play upside down if you rotate your phone clockwise onto its side and play once. Any time you play a video holding the phone upright after that the video will play upside down. It does this regardless of whether you play the video from the camera app or zune.
Last edited by jarbs25; 11-22-2011 at 08:54 PM.
11-27-2011, 03:54 PM #10
- 62 Posts
I recently did a factory reset on my Focus S. Prior to this I had the stuttering/scroll lag when it was charging. I just started charging it with the wall charger and I noticed that my phone had no stuttering/scroll lag. Please let me know if you guys get the same result.
Last edited by edboogie78; 11-27-2011 at 03:59 PM.
11-28-2011, 08:35 PM #12
- 603 Posts
Phone calls using a normal set of headphones (no mic attached), do not transmit voice (other side cannot hear you).
I used to make phone calls with either my ATH M50s or plugged in via AUX 3.5mm TRS input into my car stereo (makes a lot more sense on a noisey highway), with HTC Inspire, Aria; Moto Atrix; iPhone 3GS; Samsung Focus. Focus S is the odd toy out. If this is not fixed soon (aka: within my return period), I'll get a Titan instead (hoping that works, lol).
- 11-29-2011, 08:49 PM #13
For me, there are three major bugs:
1. My Focus S will nto stay connected to Wifi networks. It frequently drops, but stays attached to the network, essentially giving me no data until I turn Wifi off and on again.
2. The keyboard lag is manageable, but annoying.
3. The screen continues to flicker rapidly, even when I have the brightness setting on high all the time.
12-07-2011, 12:28 PM #14
- 30 Posts
This is a shame, as I found a Snowboard helmet and cable system that worked great with Windows Phone wired with a single button.
New Technology World
Smart Potato: Acces Media Center from your phone
Talk2Me: Push to Talk, WP7 Walke Talkie
12-19-2011, 11:24 AM #15
- 3 Posts
I would like to add the Audio Bug - A huge issue during playback or any audio related operation with the phone connected to ACTIVE speakers - not when using most headphones or ear phones.
It really has something to do with the grounding, and the audio output port on the device. Samsung should expect a lot of returns based on this major defect - one just cannot use this device in the car for audio / mp3 playback unlike the iphones or any other smart phones.:mad:
12-22-2011, 03:37 PM #16
- 1 Posts
My Focus S keeps shutting off when I take it out of my pocket. After playing around with the phone I noticed that if I lightly bend the phone (putting one thumb by the windows button and one by the speaker). The phone will shutoff. I don't know if this is an issue with every phone or not. Is anyone else having this issue?
- 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM #17
My focus s has recently started having an issue where, when I hit the power button to turn off the screen, it shuts off the screen and then turns it right back on with the wallpaper like I just turned it on. Sometimes happens half a dozen times in a row before it'll stay off.
- 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM #18
04-03-2012, 02:02 AM #21
- 9 Posts
06-23-2012, 05:24 PM #25
- 96 Posts
2 bugs to report;
1. usb charging port registering charging when off the charger. Couldn't sync with Zune w/o plugging in and restarting. Randomly played the plug-in sound. Poor battery life. Sent to Samsung under warranty, they replaced component, 2 week turn around.
2. touch screen unresponsive and phone wouldn't go into sleep mode, just remained on with either start screen or lock screen displayed. Several button presses on same icon/letter/number to get input. Phone currently at Samsung repair center.
Love this phone, really bummed about the problems but Samsung is covering their stuff, which is good.