Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    Will the Focus S support VVM on AT&T? I really want to switch carriers from T-Mobile, but I really want to have VVM still. Is there any info on if/when ATT will support it?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Last I checked, Mango enables VVM, but it's up to the carrier as to whether or not it's used. I believe AT&T stated it is working on providing VVM for Mango devices. This article discusses it.

http://www.wpcentral.com/confirmed-A...-windows-phone

Basically, it looks like AT&T will bring VVM when they're ready (or when they figure out how much to charge us for it....)

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I am not sure I like the idea of VVM. Just recently, I had to switch from one phone which totally died to another, and I had critical voicemail which I understand would be totally lost if you had VVM. Seems like a bad system currently.

When I went in and bought my Focus S I asked about VVM and the manager told me it was coming to ATT with the Tango update.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just use Youmail (and by extension, the MagikMail app in WP7) for your Visual Voicemail. It works on all platforms and you'll never lose a voicemail again.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    VVM, as implemted by Apple at least, was basically just IMAP-based behind the scenes. AT&T always had it tied to the SIM instead of to the phone number, so when you switched SIMs you were SOL with your messages. However, moving a SIM from one iPhone to another preserved your messages I believe. Since, as I said, it's just IMAP tied to the VM system.