Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
       #1  
    https://www.facebook.com/ATT?sk=wall

    Hooray! etc etc :) (Dunno why i'm so happy)

    .........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
  2. greenjbhsd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #2  
    I am there too! I posted the same thing in the thread below this. If the build quality is like the GS2 I will be so happy. I am done with iPhone (had the 4), am using the GS2, but not liking android, even though the phone rocks.
  3. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenjbhsd View Post
    I am there too! I posted the same thing in the thread below this. If the build quality is like the GS2 I will be so happy. I am done with iPhone (had the 4), am using the GS2, but not liking android, even though the phone rocks.
    Great news Greenjbhsd.

    Welcome along to WPC. :)

    .........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
  4. greenjbhsd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #4  
    Thank you thank you. Long time reader and podcast listener. Thought it was time to post something. :-)
  5. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #5  
    Ohhh, wonder when we can put in the online order? I am surprised it is this soon, I finally get a Windows Phone! Ahhh!
  6. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenjbhsd View Post
    Thank you thank you. Long time reader and podcast listener. Thought it was time to post something. :-)
    Absolutely! :)

    .........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
  7. d03jke's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    #7  
    Finally get to hold the focus s, my likely new phone. BUT first I gotta fully eliminate the titan. Is that in at&t stores yet or will it come the same time as the Focus and flash? Facebook didn't say.
  8. Dr.Phil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #8  
    I gotta say with the high price of the Focus S I am now even more swayed to the Titan. I think the amount of storage the Focus S has will also be considered since the Titan has 16 GB.
  9. mmaman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #9  
    I am baffled as to why Samsung or ATT will not release info how much storage it has, I mean WTF! Do they think people dont care about storage? Its coming on the 6th and we dont even know if its 16 or 32gb, if its 32gb, its mine, but how the **** are we supposed to know??

    /rant
  10. velvetelvis's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/ATT?sk=wall

    Hooray! etc etc :) (Dunno why i'm so happy)
    youre happy because spike and isaac get a new phone in feb when their contract is up
    yep... yep...
  11. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #11  
    Too bad the link on that FB page doesn't mention November 6th at all. In fact, it links to their very old announcement that they would get some new phones some day in the future. Bad job for whoever is running their FB page. They need an updated press release with real info, including when you can place an order.
  12. dawrath's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #12  
    Hope this is true. Payday is that week :) time to drop my Android before I throw it again!
  13. 3migo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenjbhsd View Post
    I am there too! I posted the same thing in the thread below this. If the build quality is like the GS2 I will be so happy. I am done with iPhone (had the 4), am using the GS2, but not liking android, even though the phone rocks.
    Oh man I hope so. The Galaxy S2 is such a nice phone, I will be very happy if the Focus S is near to identical hardware wise.
  14. greenjbhsd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteater View Post
    Too bad the link on that FB page doesn't mention November 6th at all. In fact, it links to their very old announcement that they would get some new phones some day in the future. Bad job for whoever is running their FB page. They need an updated press release with real info, including when you can place an order.
    The link in the FB post is old but if you look on the wpcentral news section you will see that in the post below the link it says November 6th. At least the AT&T post is new so it should be considered credible even if they mis linked (or I would really hope).
  15. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenjbhsd View Post
    The link in the FB post is old but if you look on the wpcentral news section you will see that in the post below the link it says November 6th. At least the AT&T post is new so it should be considered credible even if they mis linked (or I would really hope).
    Oh I agree. Especially since Samsung US just tweeted:

    The Focus S and the Focus Flash will be available on Nov 6th! The Focus Flash is $49.99 and the Focus S is $199.99!

    I just wonder when you can order it, or if we have to wait until the day of.
  16. 3migo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteater View Post
    Oh I agree. Especially since Samsung US just tweeted:

    The Focus S and the Focus Flash will be available on Nov 6th! The Focus Flash is $49.99 and the Focus S is $199.99!

    I just wonder when you can order it, or if we have to wait until the day of.
    I'll just be heading down to my local store on the 6th, so I don't have to deal with AT&T's horrible online store experience.
  17. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3migo View Post
    I'll just be heading down to my local store on the 6th, so I don't have to deal with AT&T's horrible online store experience.
    I would, but I don't think they can apply my company discount for service at the store. I also get $25 off the purchase of the phone, but online only. So, I guess I can wait a day or two longer to get it. Been waiting over a year for a working phone, so should be no big deal.
  18. btbam91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    797 Posts
    #18  
    Buying this on Amazon so that I don't have to pay for any taxes! :D
  19. 3migo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteater View Post
    I would, but I don't think they can apply my company discount for service at the store. I also get $25 off the purchase of the phone, but online only. So, I guess I can wait a day or two longer to get it. Been waiting over a year for a working phone, so should be no big deal.
    It might be worth calling your local store and asking if you can get your company discount in-store.
  20. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3migo View Post
    It might be worth calling your local store and asking if you can get your company discount in-store.
    Hmm not a bad idea. Actually, might not be a bad idea to go play with a Galaxy S II to get a feel for the hardware. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow and get that all out of the way.
  21. 3migo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteater View Post
    Hmm not a bad idea. Actually, might not be a bad idea to go play with a Galaxy S II to get a feel for the hardware. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow and get that all out of the way.
    I'm actually planning on doing the same tomorrow. I want to see if I like the general hardware of the GS2, and just imagine WP7 running on it instead of Android :D
  22. hubgoblin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #22  
    I currently own an S2 (Sprint) and I can tell you the hardware is pretty good. The textured back adds a lot, it feels more premium than a slick matte back. Samsung phnoes are still just a wee bit light for my taste but the S2 doesn't feel cheap. The display is, of course, absolutely gorgeous.
  23. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by hubgoblin View Post
    I currently own an S2 (Sprint) and I can tell you the hardware is pretty good. The textured back adds a lot, it feels more premium than a slick matte back. Samsung phnoes are still just a wee bit light for my taste but the S2 doesn't feel cheap. The display is, of course, absolutely gorgeous.
    I did go take a look at it and I agree, the screen looks great. I also like the textured back, but it doesn't seem to attach that well. All of the display models at AT&T store and Best Buy had the backs all come off, and was a pain to get back on. Also, I was looking at screen protectors and they make them full bosy, but how in the world do you apply that to the textured surface? Not that you need it on that kind of surface.

    Update: Oh, I forgot to mention, I went with my mom, who has the original Focus, and the devices really are the exact same size despite the Focus S having a larger screen. Pretty cool if you ask me.
  24. 3migo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteater View Post
    I did go take a look at it and I agree, the screen looks great. I also like the textured back, but it doesn't seem to attach that well. All of the display models at AT&T store and Best Buy had the backs all come off, and was a pain to get back on. Also, I was looking at screen protectors and they make them full bosy, but how in the world do you apply that to the textured surface? Not that you need it on that kind of surface.

    Update: Oh, I forgot to mention, I went with my mom, who has the original Focus, and the devices really are the exact same size despite the Focus S having a larger screen. Pretty cool if you ask me.
    The textured back does feel nice. The only reason I've used a case on phones past, is because without a textured case, the phone would slide right out of my pocket. Hopefully the textured back on the Focus S will prevent that from happening, and if this phone has Gorilla Glass... No need for a screen protector either.

    I think the more squared off look of the Focus S looks FAR better than the original form factor of the Focus, and the larger screen is always nice.
  25. hubgoblin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteater View Post
    I did go take a look at it and I agree, the screen looks great. I also like the textured back, but it doesn't seem to attach that well. All of the display models at AT&T store and Best Buy had the backs all come off, and was a pain to get back on. Also, I was looking at screen protectors and they make them full bosy, but how in the world do you apply that to the textured surface? Not that you need it on that kind of surface.

    Update: Oh, I forgot to mention, I went with my mom, who has the original Focus, and the devices really are the exact same size despite the Focus S having a larger screen. Pretty cool if you ask me.
    If you had that experience with the back it must be a display model issue. The back covet for the S2 comes off super easy and just as easy to get back on. Seriously, I was relieved when I bought it to find the back cover wasn't a pain.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B