08-19-2013, 11:47 PM #1
- 5 Posts
Hello. I am new at WP and I will be getting my Ativ S today.
It is free (unlocked) from Amazon Spain. (217€, what a bargain)
I wanted to ask if I should upgrade to this GDR2 before installing my apps or it doesn't matter. I mean, do I have to reinstall the apps after the upgrade?
I read it takes 45 minutes that can seem eternal until I can use the phone.
Thanks in advance.
08-20-2013, 08:32 AM #6
- 71 Posts
I agree with sx1000 that you should update your phone and then do a factory reset. I'm not sure what he's talking about with every new feature being activated, but if you're just getting started with your phone anyway do a factory reset. Everything just works better that way (I mean, it can't make anything worse by starting completely fresh, can it?)
08-20-2013, 09:19 AM #8
- 154 Posts
"Factory reset" isn't the right term to use. A factory reset restores your device to the condition it was in when you purchased it. Doing a reset from within the "about" section will format your device and restore it to the latest OS version. If you have a new ATIV S, check to see if Data Sense is available after installing GDR2. If not, then doing a reset will enable the app.
- By dan5 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM
- By LyokoNinja in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 5Last Post: 08-20-2013, 11:01 PM
- By needkelly in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2013, 11:44 PM
- By jkrc717 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-19-2013, 10:51 PM
- By bryantest in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2013, 10:49 PM