- 08-07-2013, 08:24 AM #2
Unlocked Samsung ATIV S now receiving Window Phone 8 GDR2 OS update | Windows Phone Central
Also, Data Sense needs to be supported by the network so you could try asking Vodafone if they have any plans to support Data Sense.
Contact Us -Vodafone-Help
- 08-07-2013, 08:24 AM #3
I think carriers can control if data sense is available on a device, maybe Vodafone blocked it , i am just speculating.
As for FM radio we have had a few posts on this Samsung Ative S and GDR2 disappointed
- 08-07-2013, 08:44 AM #4
On an unbranded, unlocked ATIV S Data Sense is available after a factory reset, on carrier branded versions that may differ though.
FM Radio is not present on my ATIV S either and that is unbranded and unlocked so my guess is the hardware isn't present in the device, doesn't bother me though as I use TuneIn radio which allows me to listen to radio from around the world.
08-07-2013, 02:10 PM #6
- 253 Posts
Go to the "about" section in "settings." When you press the "more info" button, you should see some information about radio. For me, the radio hardware version reads 0.0.0.0, which suggests (if not confirms) that the ATIV S does not have FM radio functionality. Unless, of course "radio" means something else that I'm not aware of.
- 08-07-2013, 02:15 PM #7
- By Greall55 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 11Last Post: 01-20-2014, 04:09 PM
- By Stan Faustino in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 196Last Post: 10-30-2013, 06:43 AM
- By 64GUNSHIP in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM
- By The O in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 08-07-2013, 11:58 PM
- By lce123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 08-07-2013, 12:45 PM