Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm in the US trying to find the best place to purchase a brand new UNBRANDED FACTORY UNLOCKED T889M, can anyone lead me in the right direction. I see lots of places that sell unlocked units, but they are branded to Canadian networks and are a pain when trying to get firmware updates; hence the reason why i'm trying to avoid them.
    Hello, Mr. Winkle! Alas, the best place to shop is to order such a device online. If that's not an issue, there are a couple of vendors to consider. I got my unlocked phone from an eBay seller who has unbranded phones for brand new at a great price: Brand New Samsung Ativ s Grey Unlocked 16GB Dual Core 8MP SGH T899M T899 No Logo | eBay

This was the best price I could find for this phone, and the shipping is included! There are several other eBay vendors who have recently started selling this phone, unbranded and brand new. So if you're interested, keep browsing eBay. Another online retailer that has the T899M is tekshop.ca, but the site's currently down and it's at least $100 more, plus shipping. Hope this helps! Let us know what you find.
    I know you asked about unbranded, I just wanted to mention this just in case it helps. I've bought a Rogers one unlocked (still branded), and have been using it on AT&T. I'm totally happy with it.

You know, Rogers gets updates faster than many networks.
    When I was using my WP7 Samsung Focus, I got updates before way before people got theirs on flagship phones like the Nokia Lumia 900 in the USA.
    You can bet your *** it will be much better than AT&T, which holds back updates for no reason.