Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By redoxy
  • 1 Post By Trainwreck_0532
  • 1 Post By Jean_Philippe VERT
  • 1 Post By aafa

Anyone else received notice for an update from Samsung?
    I just received an update which only changed firmware revision number from
    2212.12.11.5 to 2212.12.11.9.
    The update did not tell what it was or contained
    I haven't noticed anything new yet
    Let us know if anyone has received it and noticed anything new.
    By the way I'm on Bell Mobility in Canada
    wp_ss_20130321_0001.png wp_ss_20130321_0002.png
    Last edited by redoxy; 03-21-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    goluftwaffe likes this.
    I have received this update as well, quickly jumped through a few folders on the phone and didn't notice any changes either, maybe its a hardware revision priming for an os update? :-o
    goluftwaffe likes this.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Just got my ativ a week ago at Telus but here is my os.

wp-ss-os.jpg
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) -> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) -> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M) -> Nokia Lumia 625
    Just manually checked for updates again and ended up with another! 2212.12.12.2
    Got the update too this morning. So far I didn't noticed anything different.
    goluftwaffe likes this.
    I have 12.12.3...
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

My Ativ is about a month old and I have not recived any update, had 2424.12.11.7 since day one...

My model name is: samsung gt-i8750

My firmware is also 2424.12.11.7 and model GT-I8750.

2424.13.01.2 - fireware
    8.0.9903.10 - OS
    Hmm. I wonder why Samsung is not pushing out the latest Firmware updates at a faster pace.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    yup, woke up with this update. waiting on details...
    goluftwaffe likes this.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    one thing I noticed, which is more of a setup change than a update, that the update re-added French on my keyboard language. I noticed this because my damn spacebar got shorter because of the 'Language' button on the keyboard was present because it had multiple languages currently set. I just went back to Setup > Keyboard and removed the French language.

Keyboard back to normal.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    I just ran the update process twice on my Bell Mobility unit and it is now the same as the picture below.

Quote Originally Posted by pedenske View Post
    Just got my ativ a week ago at Telus but here is my os.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp ss os.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	30907

Same with my phone in the US: 2212.12.12.2.

Maybe that explains why by Bluetooth voice stack died-did a hard reset and all is back to normal.
    Last edited by CptnMagic; 03-22-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added issue

hey guys check your USB. after the update,the phone will no longer connect to the computer. It will charge fine,but wont be detected from the PC as connected,so I cant use it as a drive,or the sync software.

My ATIV S is bought in Taiwan, and the Firmware version is 2620.12.01.2, hardware number is 15.15.1.0, radio version is 2424.12.12.2.

I guess this should be the latest one, ever since last month I bought phone, I check the phone update several times, and it always returns to me my phone is up to date.
    After the upgrade, the USB works fine-my Win8 box sees both drives.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    USB works fine. No hard reset. Did not see any issue with the BT either.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseElCapitan View Post
    hey guys check your USB. after the update,the phone will no longer connect to the computer. It will charge fine,but wont be detected from the PC as connected,so I cant use it as a drive,or the sync software.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Got the update this morning, i'm with Bell Mobility

I'm also on Bell. I got my (first) notification of an update just his morning, and it's giving me the gears now. I was hoping to find out what the update contained, but I guess it's trivial...

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I got another one this morning

wp_ss_20130331_0001.jpg

Hey guys, I recently bought Samsung Ativ S SGH-T899M and new to WP8. I am really liking new cool stuff except "updates".

I own Galaxy S2 and always keep it updated. I bought T899 in canada while I was there and now moved to India. As soon as I tried to change network provider, I have been asked to unlock network which I did and now able to use Vodafone India network. However, when I restart phone, I always see ROGERS screen for 2 seconds after which lock screen appears. There are lot of features that is not available to me but on Nokia 920 which is acceptable.

I would like to know how I can update firmware (my phone's firmware is 2212.12.12.2, which I believe is old):
    1. Via Kies => Kies dont recognize my phone despite Windows 8 OS is recognizing it
    2. Zune too did not detect Ativ S (am I missing driver?, but no exclaimation mark in Device Manager of Windows 8)
    3. FOTA => Always says "phone is upto date"?

I dont know how I can update firmware. Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicdev View Post
    Hey guys, I recently bought Samsung Ativ S SGH-T899M and new to WP8. I am really liking new cool stuff except "updates".

I own Galaxy S2 and always keep it updated. I bought T899 in canada while I was there and now moved to India. As soon as I tried to change network provider, I have been asked to unlock network which I did and now able to use Vodafone India network. However, when I restart phone, I always see ROGERS screen for 2 seconds after which lock screen appears. There are lot of features that is not available to me but on Nokia 920 which is acceptable.

I would like to know how I can update firmware (my phone's firmware is 2212.12.12.2, which I believe is old):
    1. Via Kies => Kies dont recognize my phone despite Windows 8 OS is recognizing it
    2. Zune too did not detect Ativ S (am I missing driver?, but no exclaimation mark in Device Manager of Windows 8)
    3. FOTA => Always says "phone is upto date"?

I dont know how I can update firmware. Any suggestion?
    AFAIK there's no need to attach the device to whatever thingy/tool else. You just go Settings|phone update and tap check for updates.

Another trick would be to add a system feature like a new voice recognition module by opening Settings|speech. The OS checks for new updates when you add a new feature to the phone.

Check to see if it helps. Personally, I still have no clue who's responsible for making updates available to the customer, the OS, that is Microsoft, or it is the carrier operator.