Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I just received my ATIV S from Negri (took 2 days - no issues) and I have an AT&T Micro-SIM, however now I am stuck trying to activate it on AT&T. I had no problem before with other unlocked phones but AT&T claims the Ativ S (Samsung I8750) phone does not exist in their database so they cannot activate it on their network. I would appreciate anyone giving me an idea of how to proceed!

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Since you are on contract you should register your previous phone and then insert the SIM card into the ATIV S then the system will recognize the phone automatically.. After that your service should work without problems :D (AT&T Rep here)..

That would be a great idea, however the old phone has a normal SIM and the ATIV S has a Micro SIM. I was hoping that there was an activation sequence (##...#) that would work. I was surprised that AT&T did not have the model in their DB considering it is already in Canada, eh.

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    Actually I had the same problem with an unlocked HTC 8S on a carrier here in Canada. I tried to get it to work on line and no go, then I called tech support and said the 8S is not supported and there is nothing they could do. This was Telus, and I came from a Lumia 800, which uses the same sim card type.

Ironically, I had to go with the Ativ.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Actually I had the same problem with an unlocked HTC 8S on a carrier here in Canada. I tried to get it to work on line and no go, then I called tech support and said the 8S is not supported and there is nothing they could do. This was Telus, and I came from a Lumia 800, which uses the same sim card type.

Ironically, I had to go with the Ativ.
    How "unfortunate" for you...
    If only that was a dilemma here in the states...

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    How "unfortunate" for you...
    If only that was a dilemma here in the states...
    It was the only WinPhone 8 available on my carrier. Samsung is odd. The Ativ S is available on every nation wide carrier in Canada, but is absent in the entire US. I don't understand the reasoning.
    My next phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Jnbs View Post
    Since you are on contract you should register your previous phone and then insert the SIM card into the ATIV S then the system will recognize the phone automatically.. After that your service should work without problems :D (AT&T Rep here)..
    Hi
    I am on the same boat too but I use a Lumia920 and have the same problem.
    but I don't understand what registering is. I could try that.
    I removed the sim today from 920 to ativ s, so don't know what to do
    thanks

My micro SIM card was actually punched out of a regular SIM card. The seller gave me the remaining piece. My samsung tablet does not show the balance so I was able to put the micro SIM back into the original, slide it into my phone and check the balance. A store that sells micro SIM cards probably has something you could use to do this.
    You could let AT&T define your phone as a HTC 8X, might work.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

I got my ativ s to work on at&t message me if you still need help
    Quote Originally Posted by noelito View Post
    I got my ativ s to work on at&t message me if you still need help
    Could you post how, so all users can read the procedure.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

ok ill make a separate post