Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Been getting annoying low static modem like noise through headphones when loading songs and sometimes the noise remain for some time when music is playing, it began for a couple a days ago and also seem to occur only when wifi is on. Have you guys experienced this?

I get some crazy static popping sound on certain sound effects.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Ok, should get these sound artefacts recorded and post them.

I replaced my phone, the popping is still there. Cant think what it can be. I cannot surely have happened on two phones with exactly the same issue. I am considering recording the sounds so I can establish if anyone else gets the same ones.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    turn off wifi :]

I encounter this problem when I first open XBOX Music, it'll linger and pop for about 5 seconds, then it'll be fine from then on. Its essentially whenever I close the app out. Guess that's like it warming up, eh?
    --__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money. I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
    -Jack Kerouac

Listen to the sample at own risk! The background hiss is from the bad recording quality but you clearly hear those crackle and pops around 1 minute and also a pop sound when the music starts. This is with Ativ S loading classical music from Xbox Music store. The volume on the phone was 10/30, so you can get very loud with this phone :) Sadly I didn't manage to capture those static sounds when wifi on. Do you here those crackle sounds on your Lumia 920 peachy001?

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...E1jtQ3z0UQJKJ8

Mine were actually much worse. I wish I had recorded them. Got the portico update last night and they have significantly reduced. You got it yet?
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

I have 8.0.10211.204, so I guess itīs Portico, out of the box three weeks ago.

It is portico. My issue has all but gone. Portico has brought about some strange screen brightness adjustments though. At times it almost pulses.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK