Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have Samsung Ativ S from Rogers

when I play music, the sound is so low, I can't hear anything.
    it's same with AUX connection to my car.

I never had this issue with Samsung Focus. Is this a defective device or if anyone else having the same issue.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    daft question, but is your volume turned up??

Presuming your volume is set to something above "2", you shouldn't have any problems hearing a standard level mp3 track. I can fill a small room with quiet music with the volume set to 10/30 on my Ativ S. If you're barely able to hear things, I'd wonder if you have a defective unit.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VelJharig View Post
    Presuming your volume is set to something above "2", you shouldn't have any problems hearing a standard level mp3 track. I can fill a small room with quiet music with the volume set to 10/30 on my Ativ S. If you're barely able to hear things, I'd wonder if you have a defective unit.
    wow... I have to have my HTC set to 15/30 to be able to hear it ok. Pushing up to 20/30 in case of substantial background noise.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I've had the same thing happen on mine twice. You play music through the speaker and it plays so quietly you have to hold it right up to your ear, regardless of what the volume is set to. I have to experiment but I was thinking if I say played a game and turned the volume down in game, and it was still running in the background, would that app lock the volume to whatever the in game volume was? I restarted my phone both times to fix it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halibutstu View Post
    I've had the same thing happen on mine twice. You play music through the speaker and it plays so quietly you have to hold it right up to your ear, regardless of what the volume is set to. I have to experiment but I was thinking if I say played a game and turned the volume down in game, and it was still running in the background, would that app lock the volume to whatever the in game volume was? I restarted my phone both times to fix it.
    Jeez that just happened to me as well! Nokia Lumia 920. Might be a software issue.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."