- 01-13-2013, 07:03 PM #1
Samsung pisses me off. I've waited this long...no news, no developments...no rumors...nothing from Samsung about the ATIV S in the USA. I'm not a fan at all of the Lumia 920 (I think it's completely overrated), and not a fan of any HTC product.
It looks as if I may go Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2. This is getting absolutely ridiculous...
- 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM #7
expandable memory... removable battery... physical home button...
a phone that isn't odd shaped and brags about photos...not all of us are looking to go around taking pictures of everything
01-13-2013, 09:39 PM #11
- 13 Posts
01-14-2013, 12:59 AM #12
- 21 Posts
Have you considered the 820? It has the removable battery and expandable memory that you're looking for. As far as shape that is more opinion based so that's more of your decision.
As much as I want more people to buy Windows Phones, but if you're buying a phone on a 2 year contract, pick the phone that you are most happy with. Maybe Samsung will get off their high horse someday and release the phone you want where you want it, or maybe even Nokia/HTC will release a phone that fits your wants/needs.
01-14-2013, 12:51 PM #14
- 214 Posts
01-14-2013, 01:51 PM #15
- 30 Posts
- The Ativ S has an HD AMOLED screen... no other Windows Phone has that. I prefer the contrast level on the AMOLED screens (especially for movies and games). The 820 isn't HD, and the 920/8X aren't AMOLED. In my opinion, the screen on the 920 looks inferior to the Ativ S.
- Ativ S is the only HD screen device with a microSD slot. I have 80 GB of storage on my Ativ S, of which 44 GB is in use. It is the best device for media that you can't stream, and won't find on XBox music. I could get that on an 820, but would have to give up the HD screen.
- The Ativ S is the best device for gaming due to the larger HD screen size, removable battery (games burn down the battery fast), and AMOLED contrast levels.
- The Ativ is comparatively light and thin for such a large screen size, which works better for my carry methods.
- There are currently lots of accessories for the Ativ S due to its almost identical dimensions to the Galaxy S3.
There are certainly advantages you give up by choosing the Ativ over the 920 - camera capabilities, using touchscreen with thick gloves (Ativ only works with standard MEC polyester gloves) and the support Nokia provides with apps and services - but there are several good reasons to choose the Ativ over the 920. The 920's a good phone, but the Ativ isn't an obvious second choice... they have different strengths as a hardware device. I also personally like the way the Ativ S looks better after seeing them both in person, though I realize that I'm in the minority on that opinion.
Last edited by VelJharig; 01-14-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: typo
- 01-14-2013, 09:00 PM #16
But OMG!!@$@#!@%#$%^ This is getting stupid.... I have lost a vast amount of respect for Samsung, as I was so excited for this phone, and they have missed every rumored release date for the US by leaps and bounds. How terrible of a business practice. I have been waiting for my contract upgrade for 3 months now. And it looks like I will have to switch phones to android... Which is not at all what I want to do.... But this is just ridiculous...
- 01-14-2013, 09:03 PM #17
- 01-15-2013, 06:15 AM #18
You can buy a Samsung Ativ S Windows Phone right now i got one a week ago & OMG i loved it. Just get a unlocked one offline. Got it from Negri Electronics cost 589.00 but well work it!!! I use to use Att but i switched to Net10 (net10 uses ATT towers.) But this phone is awesome!! I love it!!
- 01-15-2013, 06:20 AM #19
What are you talking about! I just got my Samsung Ativ S Windows phone last week & i live in the US. I just got a unlocked one off line. Go to Negri Electronics. This Ativ S phone is awesome in everyway so YES you can use a Ativ S in the us i am using it now! I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!
- 01-15-2013, 06:34 AM #21
I have a 920 and love it but also wanted to give the Ativ a look for some of the reasons listed. Samsung just took too long to make a commitment on it. The best thing for me... in 2 years I'll have even more awesome phones to choose from!
- 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM #23
Once again, we have a thread where someone has a legit personal preference, and once again we have posters telling them to get over it. So... LowDownDirtySkynardFan prefers Samsung products. Considering they are THE largest cell phone producer in the known cosmos, L.D.D.S.F. is most likely not alone. As Samsung's Focus/Omni series was a nice series of WP 7.5 devices (the original Focus is arguably the most succesful single device among WP 7 devices, most certainly among the Gen 1 devices), again most likely not alone. Get the ATIV S out to some major carriers with the Samsung name on it, it will sell just BECAUSE it is a Samsung. This is a serious phone. Fun screen, large size and expandable memory perfect for gaming and multi-media. The 920 and 8X, despite their advantages, do not offer that combination.
It is unfortunate that Sammy isn't striking while the iron is hot. WP8 devices are selling real well and they could easily carve out a large base for the ATIV. I love my Focus S, and will keep any Samsung out there that meets my needs as a top choice. But, you can't support what isn't available. Stupid decision. If you are going to announce and produce it, give it a chance to be succesful.Before posting anything, please be sure to get the facts straight. You can always distort them to your liking later.
- 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM #24
my phone is running LTE most of the time when i am close to a LTE tower. My internet is blistering fast i just can see how it can be any faster. You should get a Ativ S the phone will run 2g 3g 4g or 4g LTE it will find whatever tower is close & use it so great phone conanheath
- By andystech in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 01-31-2013, 05:10 AM
- By chems_torque in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-19-2012, 01:25 AM
- By iainmann in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 1Last Post: 04-10-2012, 09:23 AM
- By Judge_Daniel in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 22Last Post: 12-12-2011, 05:16 AM
- By gekkoace in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 08-29-2011, 02:38 AM