1.    #1  
    I've been reading conflicting reports on whether the ativ s is going to be 3g, 4g, or 4gLTE. Does anyone know (at least for stateside...)

Anyone know any more details on the Odyssey as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDownDirtySkynyrdFan View Post
    I've been reading conflicting reports on whether the ativ s is going to be 3g, 4g, or 4gLTE. Does anyone know (at least for stateside...)

Anyone know any more details on the Odyssey as well?
    4G and 4G LTE is the same thing. 4G = LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    4G and 4G LTE is the same thing. 4G = LTE.
    The problem here in the United States (and possibly elsewhere) is that wireless carriers started to label HSDPA+ (3G or 3.5G) as 4G. So now because of moronic marketing we now have to differentiate between true 4G and fake 4G by calling them 4G LTE and 4G respectively.

So in this context, 4G does not equal LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by WPmunkey View Post
    The problem here in the United States (and possibly elsewhere) is that wireless carriers started to label HSDPA+ (3G or 3.5G) as 4G. So now because of moronic marketing we now have to differentiate between true 4G and fake 4G by calling them 4G LTE and 4G respectively.

So in this context, 4G does not equal LTE
    That's shocking! Good to know!

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Tmobile hspa+ isn't that far behind verizons lte speeds. Its really not that much of a stretch.
    Sent from my RM-878_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Nokia was behind the push for H+ They were planning to call this 4g after they improve on it, so companies started calling it 4g. But at&t went along with multiple carriers with LTE standard rendering Nokia's meego plan useless thus the Change in plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliandren View Post
    Tmobile hspa+ isn't that far behind verizons lte speeds. Its really not that much of a stretch.
    Same thing with T-Mobile Edge. It wasn't all that much slower than Verizon 3G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliandren View Post
    I'm not sure where you are but Verizons LTE is a **** of a lot faster than T Mo hspa+in LA. Depending on location speeds will vary (esp on att) but the consensus is LTE is a lot faster than hspa+ and wimax.
    Canadian Ativ S has faux G (dual hspa+ 42 mbps dl) and 4G (LTE). LTE isn't available in my area yet but data speeds can be very fast. I notice a big difference from my previous phone. (HD7, same network)

It also has AWS HSPA bands.

i just got the new ativ S from canadian provider telus SGH-T899M and IT is LTE and 4G compatible. running it as we speak !!!!

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    ohh its LTE alright. im connected to fido's LTE (got bell's ativ s unlocked) as it says so on the top left. this is my speed...faster than me damn cable modem at home!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130114_0001.jpg  

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepeevwgti View Post
    i just got the new ativ S from canadian provider telus SGH-T899M and IT is LTE and 4G compatible. running it as we speak !!!!

May I ask if you are using it on a US carrier, and if so, if you are getting 4G or LTE speeds on that carrier. Also, any regrets or bugs with the phone?
    So is the Ativ 4G compatible for the UK market?
    In Canada there is a Ativ S version that has single band LTE. The frequency of the carrier that provides LTE. Beware... One frequency only. Will only work with carriers that use that LTE frequency.
    Last edited by Coolknight1968; 04-01-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html