Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By fiveodano
  • 1 Post By f1camaro

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I was just looking at specs/pix of the Galaxy Note II. I really want one of these running WP8. Office was a big part of my switch to WP, I am using it more and more each day. Nothing would make my Office experience better than a bigger screen. I read a few hands-on reviews and people are liking it. I had used Android briefly between WebOS and Blackberry before moving on to Windows Phone and haven't looked back. If this phone had the same Office experience that a WP had it would go along way in making up for everything else I hated about using Android (no, I'm not jumping ship).
    I know this thing is way too big for most people, but I use a smartphone for 6 things, Phone, Camera, Office, email, Internet and Navigation. I have almost no apps that don't concern the above mentioned.
    I work construction as an owner/opperator and ride a bike to night school. I really want one device that can fit into a pocket, a 7" tablet is too big for me and can't make calls.
    So, Samsung. PLEASE! I want a Galaxy Note WP8
    snowmutt, threed61 and gmlongo like this.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    That would be a dream come true. W8 on a Galaxy Note. WOW, WOW, WOW is all i can say.
    There were a lot of rumors about a WP8 note. Now.... Nada. The only hope is that maybe after the turn of the year, when WP 8 has been out a bit, there may be one. If MS is dictating that all initial launch devices must be uniformed, then it makes sense that Sammy may release a WP Note when they can play around with the hardware a little more and all the bugs of the software are worked out.

Not much, but a glimmer. My wife wants one in the worse way as well....
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne

Yeap i am there with you,the galaxy note with windows phone 8 would be the perfect device for me.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    I dont want one personally, but I bet they could sell.

I for one would love a Note 2 with WP. When you have huge paws for hands the larger the screen the better.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    --
    "A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession."
    Albert Camus
    I'm sure as the platform grows, we'll see this happen... for now though, the platform needs phones that attract mass user migration not just the fringes, so I believe that's why we're seeing phones that mimic the successful Android phones and color choices that appeal to personal senses.
    If the Ativ is too small for you maybe there might be a Windows 8 tablet in the screen size you need.

At over 5" the line between large smartphone and small tablet gets blurry.

Should something that size run Windows Phone or WinRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    At over 5" the line between large smartphone and small tablet gets blurry.

Should something that size run Windows Phone or WinRT?
    I have a Galaxy Note on Android ICS and would love a Windows Phone version. I think it should run Windows Phone 8 and not Windows RT... On Android the battery life is terrible and after a few months of use it has become sluggish. I think because the Windows Phone OS is so efficient it would be great on a Note.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    A Note on Windows Phone 8 would absolutely seal the deal for me. I would pay full price for it.
    I personally don't get the whole phablet craze, but I'm all for anything that sells for WP.

Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    I personally don't get the whole phablet craze, but I'm all for anything that sells for WP.
    Yeah, me neither.. it's like the worst of both worlds :D But still, despite never probably getting one myself, a WP8 phablet could be interesting.