Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GoodThings2Life
  • 1 Post By Villain

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    I am surprised online reviews are not bringing up the fact that this device was not launched with LTE to begin with. I would have assumed that LTE would be standard on flagship smartphones in 2012.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Who knows. Lol. With the GS3, the European version received quad-core, but not LTE. The North American version was dropped to dual-core, but has LTE.

I will assume the North American version that goes to either AT&T, Verizon and/or Sprint will have LTE, for sure.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    2,143 Global Posts
    Pretty Likely that they will have a LTE version. That's more of the international version that was showed

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    The Qualcomm SoC (MSM8960 Snapdragon) that powers the device has LTE capabilities so yes
    Yes, the Samsung website also confirms LTE for the device. Samsung ATIV
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    No mention of LTE for the Ativ-S.... they dropped the ball on this one I believe. LTE is only mentioned on the Ativ PC. :(

Quote Originally Posted by avmike View Post
    No mention of LTE for the Ativ-S.... they dropped the ball on this one I believe. LTE is only mentioned on the Ativ PC. :(
    Seems to me that, for smartphones, LTE would be a carrier-specific announcement. I'll bet the Ativ S has LTE on all the major carriers. Small regional carriers may not offer LTE with it, which is why they don't want to announce that the Ativ S has LTE as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    I didn't see LTE mentioned. I am sure it will have it, but it states:

Network:
    HSPA+ 42Mbps 850/900/1900/2100MHz
    EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Did I miss it?
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne
    Hmm, that's curious indeed. I must have been mistaken when I read it on the tablet forms and either assumed it for the phone or thought I read it and didn't.

But that does seem very curious if it doesn't have it, doesn't it? Verizon has essentially said ALL of their phones must support it before they'll adopt them, and I can't imagine why AT&T or T-Mobile would either.

Quote Originally Posted by avmike View Post
    It will have LTE, calm down.

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts
    Verizon and ATT no longer carry smartphones that dont come with LTE. It will have LTE without a doubt.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Still waitting on info if the North America model Samsung ATIV S has LTE support???

Please Samsung bring the ATIV S too North America on LTE and for me on Telus Mobility LTE thank you! :D

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well no mention of the ATIV S at AT&Ts event but they did announce they will carry the ATIV tablet. So it's safe to say no LTE. Too bad cause that was likey the phone I was going to get. The HTC 8X was a close second so im not too bummed.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    an OEM cant advertise LTE until it gets approved by FCC... same as an other devices.

also samsung is a big patient owner in LTE
    travisel likes this.

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    Only the international version has been announced. LTE still hasn't launched in Europe (where the Ativ was announced), so there is no mention of it. The Qualcom chipset that the Ativ S uses (as well as all other WP8 Devices) has LTE built into the chip. It is safe to assume that once it is announced for the US market (likely on Verizon), that there will be LTE on board. Wait till Monday when Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mo have their pressers at not-CTIA-fall (can't remember the new name for the show)

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    an OEM cant advertise LTE until it gets approved by FCC... same as an other devices.
    Has any one herd more info on the FCC Approved ATIV S?

Should happen very soon one would think?
    ATIV S is LIFE