Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By BIGPADDY
  • 1 Post By unstoppablekem
  • 1 Post By Coreldan
  • 2 Post By Jas00555
  • 2 Post By unstoppablekem
  • 1 Post By Coreldan
  • 1 Post By Coreldan
  • 1 Post By BIGPADDY
  • 1 Post By erzhik
  • 1 Post By erzhik
  1.    #1  
    Hi All

One million PS4 were sold within 24 hours of release:

Kotaku - The Gamer's Guide
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Thanked by:
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    Good news for Sony! I hope that very few, like less than 500, had the blue light issue. I hope Microsoft sells as many, or close to it.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Good news for Sony! I hope that very few, like less than 500, had the blue light issue. I hope Microsoft sells as many, or close to it.
    Yeah thinking about all the faulty ones that customers received it is very low knowing that they sold one million.

I think Xbox One will be the same and get a one million in 24 hours both console are excellent.

But there will be a few thousand that will have an issue with every million.

Global Posts
    2,273 Global Posts
    Both consoles will pretty much more every unit available during 2013. We have to wait till both consoles are available in most markets and supply actually starts meeting demand before much comparison can be made.

But still a nice feat, it's more than any other PS has sold around launch yet.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Just realised it was only released in North America can't wait to see the numbers when it release in Europe just a few weeks!

I GET MY PS4 IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED IM GOING TO DOWNLOAD RESOGUN AND WARFRAME STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!

Global Posts
    1,514 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure Microsoft will do fine in North America since they've outsold Sony every month for the past 30-ish months except for this one.

I've seen multiple reports that they're both projected to sell roughly 2 million by the end of the year (I would imagine launch day and Christmas would make up most of it).

Actually, assuming Sony's statement is true and its .4%, though it could be unofficially higher, that would mean they expect 4,000 of those PS4s to be broken.

Either way, congrats to Sony, they're fighting against the best (;
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    Just realised it was only released in North America can't wait to see the numbers when it release in Europe just a few weeks!

I GET MY PS4 IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED IM GOING TO DOWNLOAD RESOGUN AND WARFRAME STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!
    You should've gotten an xbox, lol.
    BIGPADDY and LMZR like this.

Global Posts
    2,273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas00555 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Microsoft will do fine in North America since they've outsold Sony every month for the past 30-ish months except for this one.

I've seen multiple reports that they're both projected to sell roughly 2 million by the end of the year (I would imagine launch day and Christmas would make up most of it).

Actually, assuming Sony's statement is true and its .4%, though it could be unofficially higher, that would mean they expect 4,000 of those PS4s to be broken.

Either way, congrats to Sony, they're fighting against the best (;
    People really need to stop quoting the 0,4%. They said that before the console was even launched, thus they have no way to know how many were actually faulty, cos if they did they would've obviously never shipped them. That number is not relevant anymore and I doubt it was even true then :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    People really need to stop quoting the 0,4%. They said that before the console was even launched, thus they have no way to know how many were actually faulty, cos if they did they would've obviously never shipped them. That number is not relevant anymore and I doubt it was even true then :P
    Some have been saying it 0.04% now that not true :P

Global Posts
    2,273 Global Posts
    I've seen probably everything that has a 4% in it by now.. I've seen 4%, 0,4%, 0,04% and even 0,00004% :D
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    I've seen probably everything that has a 4% in it by now.. I've seen 4%, 0,4%, 0,04% and even 0,00004% :D
    lol I want to see a 44%

Jas00555 likes this.

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    I am one of those 1 million.

But Microsoft will do better simply because on top of all 3rd party stores selling it, Microsoft stores will sell too and probably have a lot more stock than BB or others. I'm thinking 1.5 million units for Microsoft in 24 hours.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    I am one of those 1 million.

But Microsoft will do better simply because on top of all 3rd party stores selling it, Microsoft stores will sell too and probably have a lot more stock than BB or others. I'm thinking 1.5 million units for Microsoft in 24 hours.
    There also selling it in more areas then the PS4 which was only in America and Canada.

I would like to see the result of both when it the 1st of December after the PS4 has been release for Europe.

How are you founding the PS4 and what games have you got?

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    There also selling it in more areas then the PS4 which was only in America and Canada.

I would like to see the result of both when it the 1st of December after the PS4 has been release for Europe.

How are you founding the PS4 and what games have you got?
    Mine is arriving tomorrow from Amazon (managed to get it on midnight launch), so thinking of getting GT6 to start it off.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  15.    #15  
    Mine is arriving tomorrow from Amazon (managed to get it on midnight launch), so thinking of getting GT6 to start it off.
    Should be great and the free to plays look good as well.

But that's not out for 3 weeks. What would you do until then?