Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 245
Like Tree78Likes
  1. abel920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hmm, so after the price has been revealed for $399, I think this will be a tough call between XB1 and PS4. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by abel920; 06-10-2013 at 10:05 PM.
  2. smoledman's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,282 Global Posts
    #2  
    Looks terrible compared to the XB1. No wonder Sony didn't reveal it earlier.
  3. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    #3  
    Watching this Sony conference is... boring?

    I don't think it was there intention to bore us by showing us games we already knew were coming and saw in February...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

  4. glow84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #4  
    I thought I was the only one bored
  5. smoledman's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,282 Global Posts
    #5  
    So no DRM on the PS4. How will this work for game publishers?
  6. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    #6  
    No hardware DRM. Publishers have the option of putting it in.

    Also - look who has more exclusives and who has 'console debuts'
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

  7. DaveGx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    549 Posts
    #7  
    Price is a big deal for some. Did you hear the roar of the crowd on announcement on DRM, used games, internet check, and price? I wont be getting a PS4 but this will hurt MS one way or another
  8. _Emi_'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    #8  
    it was obvious they were waiting Xbox to say the Price... i was expecting they would say a cheaper Price.... i mean its not like PlayStation guys didnt know the Xbox Price, so if they announced a cheaper Price people would love them and say "Xbox is dead".

    also the DRM is just a way to avoid bad press, so they would say "we dont have DRM its up to publishers" but obviously if a Publisher wants drm in one console like Xbox one, they would get it on ps4 as well.. but of course people would say "Xbox is bad because they are forcing us to be online every 24 hours"

    and people calling Xbox one "VCR" what will they call ps4? thats all i wonder now... because it surely looks not pretty lol.
    Thanked by:
    11B1P 
  9. abel920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    Price is a big deal for some. Did you hear the roar of the crowd on announcement on DRM, used games, internet check, and price? I wont be getting a PS4 but this will hurt MS one way or another
    The PS4 will only have like 4 games available at launch though. XB1 has a lot more games at launch, and $499 comes WITH the Kinect.
  10. DaveGx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    549 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by abel920 View Post
    The PS4 will only have like 4 games available at launch though. XB1 has a lot more games at launch, and $499 comes WITH the Kinect.
    Do we really know how many games are launch games for either console? And the issue with Kinect is some people dont want it at all in the first place.
    Thanked by:
    peacock93 and Derrick4Real like this.
  11. abel920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    Do we really know how many games are launch games for either console? And the issue with Kinect is some people dont want it at all in the first place.
    That's true. I am so in love with PS4 right now, even though I don't like the hardware's design.
    ALTHOUGH, Xbox1 has the better exclusive deals.
    And not to mention Online PS gaming now requires $5 A month subscription. So in the end, $399 is really not too far away from XB1's price point.
  12. joeynox's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    588 Posts
    Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    #12  
    Xbox one and Microsoft have no chance in competing this generation. At $99 with no used games and requiring 24 hr check ins just destroyed them. the sad part is microsofts conference exclusive games were better than PS4 but sony ***** slapped microsoft
  13. abel920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    Xbox one and Microsoft have no chance in competing this generation. At $99 with no used games and requiring 24 hr check ins just destroyed them. the sad part is microsofts conference exclusive games were better than PS4 but sony ***** slapped microsoft
    Yeah, that's the sad part. Ugh, I really want to play Project Spark!
  14. phirefly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #14  
    The fight is on.
  15. tekhna's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    500 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    #15  
    Microsoft just got trolled hard.
  16. MDboyz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
    #16  
    But if you want to buy Sony eye with the console, you may have to pay more than $399.
    Also, even though PS4 has no retriction with DRM, but DRM restriction now is in the hand of the publishers.
  17. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    #17  
    So, here's my take...

    Does Microsoft have some pretty silly rules set in place in our(the consumer's mind)? Yes. yes it does. Does the PS4 need/require those thigns? No. They say they don't. They said it doesn't "NEED" that in order to play, but we've alrady been told that the DRM stuff is being left up to the publishers... they'll still have it, but it'll be because of the publishers adding it in... and not put on at the console level... lots of games are getting the 'immersive online' community going. You're going to need the internet to play.

    However. I already see the 'fruit' of MS' labors. Look at the games announced and shown at each press conference today. Here is what I can remember from MS...

    Ryse
    Project Spark
    World of Tanks (was that exclusive?)
    Killer Instinct
    Minecraft
    Sunset Overdrive
    Dead Rising 3
    Crimson Dragon
    Halo
    Titanfall
    That Max game
    Forza

    Sony's conference had...
    1886
    Final Fantasy XIV

    Was that it? Sony showed A LOT of multi-platform games... and they showed a lot of games that they already showed us in February.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

  18. _Emi_'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    Xbox one and Microsoft have no chance in competing this generation. At $99 with no used games and requiring 24 hr check ins just destroyed them. the sad part is microsofts conference exclusive games were better than PS4 but sony ***** slapped microsoft
    ehmm there are used games for Xbox one..... and arent people supposed to have internet these days? or do you think sony giving freedom to publishers they will only have drm on Xbox one and not on ps4?? you are kinda dreaming :)
    also i thought consoles were supposed to be about games.... if Xbox has better exclusives and games, isnt that what people wanted in first place and the "hardcore" gamers that were complaining about 3 weeks ago reveal? also there is alot of stuff on Xbox one, a vision like skype, twitch, and alot of apps coming for it. it seems some people cant see much beyond those $100 Price difference. which is silly to me.
  19. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    Xbox one and Microsoft have no chance in competing this generation. At $99 with no used games and requiring 24 hr check ins just destroyed them. the sad part is microsofts conference exclusive games were better than PS4 but sony ***** slapped microsoft
    Microsoft's system will play used games. The system is different from the previous generations, but they'll still be able to play used games.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

  20. #20  
    We'll see how this affects the publishers. Initially, it's going to hurt Microsoft. But things are going to look different after a couple months.
  21. tekhna's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    500 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    So, here's my take...

    Does Microsoft have some pretty silly rules set in place in our(the consumer's mind)? Yes. yes it does. Does the PS4 need/require those thigns? No. They say they don't. They said it doesn't "NEED" that in order to play, but we've alrady been told that the DRM stuff is being left up to the publishers... they'll still have it, but it'll be because of the publishers adding it in... and not put on at the console level... lots of games are getting the 'immersive online' community going. You're going to need the internet to play.

    However. I already see the 'fruit' of MS' labors. Look at the games announced and shown at each press conference today. Here is what I can remember from MS...

    Ryse
    Project Spark
    World of Tanks (was that exclusive?)
    Killer Instinct
    Minecraft
    Sunset Overdrive
    Dead Rising 3
    Crimson Dragon
    Halo
    Titanfall
    That Max game
    Forza

    Sony's conference had...
    1886
    Final Fantasy XIV

    Was that it? Sony showed A LOT of multi-platform games... and they showed a lot of games that they already showed us in February.
    I'll take the cheaper gaming console with no DRM, no online checkins, and no always-on spy cam, thanks. The games will come, especially if the PS4 becomes the console of choice for this generation. Claiming victory based on launch games is... short sighted to say the least, given the 5-8 year lifecycle of a console.
    Thanked by:
    tissotti, VanMtl and Derrick4Real like this.
  22. michfan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    115 Posts
    #22  
    The Sony press conference was boring due to it's slow pacing. Too much time watching developers play long portions of demo levels. The size and scope of the press conference was quite impressive, however. The heat is on MS to stop their over prescriptive DRM or lose significant marketshare. Sony is playing hardball this next generation, and is capably exploiting every misstep by MS.
  23. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,757 Global Posts
    #23  
    Its obvious sony has the advantage. On the surface the advantages are lower price and no mandatory DRM. People in the know will go for it because of the latter and the ordinary buyer will go for it for the former. Trying to pass it off that publishers will be enforcing DRM doesn't make sense as no such policy has been announced by anyone.

    I'm not calling it definitively for anyone and am definitely not and never will buy a sony console but from an impartial standpoint imo this first round goes to sony. It remains to be seen if the X1's extra features are enough to counteract the ps4's plus points.
  24. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    #24  
    Oh yeah, how could I forget, Sony highlighted that the PS4 will get 'cross-game chat' too. Innovation so new the 360 had it in 2005 ;)
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

  25. #25  
    I don't care what anyone says. Xbox One event has audio problems. PS4 had actual console bugs and glitches. There were so many freezes and pauses. Almost none of the demo's were real time. The Assassins Creed 4 demo glitched and was frozen for like 7 seconds, and the guy was still mashing away at the controller like he was still playing the game....

    Fake demo's and system glitches. A great foreshadowing of the future.
    Thanked by:
    Flagz 
    Bartdog likes this.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 'inconspicuous mode' what do you guys think?
    By checkmate81x in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 11:46 PM
  2. what do you guys think..?
    By manunitedfan5 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 12:37 AM
  3. What do you all think? VZW Lumia
    By Frenzytom in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 04:15 PM
  4. What do you guys use for instant messaging?
    By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions