Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    As expected, reviews are starting to pour in for the Galaxy S4 as the release date nears. And also as expected, it's hardware and software absolutely obliterates the competition. The most recent camera shootout has the Galaxy S4 devastating the competition. Can't imagine what the Note 3 will do. It's not even fair at this moment in the smartphone industry. Sammy holds all the cards.

Shoot Here

when s3 gets a 7 its all bull****.

Talk about over-exaggeration. DOMINATES?? Good lighting, any phone camera can do that. Its not bad. But from those shots, its just a phone photo. Nothing more, nothing less.
    cckgz4, hacer619 and Eas195 like this.

/whistle

I think you meant to have wrote

"Can't imagine what the next Nokia Lumia flagship can do in the camera department."

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    Talk about over-exaggeration. DOMINATES?? Good lighting, any phone camera can do that. Its not bad. But from those shots, its just a phone photo. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I'm not just talking the camera performance, I'm talking overall performance. There isn't a single phone out there than can even come close to what the GS4 is capable of. It's absolutely devastating. It's becoming very evident to all the OEMs that Samsung isn't holding back or sitting on it's past success and getting stale. They're ripping every other OEM out there with big advancements in Hardware and Software. Just look......

Well that's not true. The HTC One comes close in all categories.

The camera on the s4 does, however, seem to be among the very best. Not sure if it beats out the 808, but it certainly beats the WP devices so far.

Will be interesting to see what the next lumia will be like, camerawise, though.

Quote Originally Posted by samzer View Post
    I'm not just talking the camera performan, I'm talking overall performance. There isn't a single phone out there than can even come close to what the GS4 is capable of. It's absolutely devastating. It's becoming very evident to all the OEMs than Samsung isn't holding back or sitting on it's past success and getting stale. Their ripping every other OEM out there with big advancements in Hardware and Software. Just look......

HERE

HERE
    Again, over exaggeration on photos. And I'm sure these troll vids are just adverts for google products.

Tech: just go read reviews, it really has a very good camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    Tech: just go read reviews, it really has a very good camera.
    I will eventually read them all at some point Slai. I looked through some of the images and to say it beats the competition in those images is clearly a fabrication. A few I thought were better than the 920 but many were just as good and others not so much. I can't authenticate where those "GS4" photos come from or how much help they may have had to produce this slide. Samsung and its minions are trying to best Nokia with yet another new phone. They couldn't do it with the GS3, so here comes another attempt. Its expected and I'm not yet impressed.
    cckgz4, hary536 and hacer619 like this.

Aye, it is expected that a company tries to beat the competition.
    I wasn't expecting much on the camera bit myself from Samsung. Theyve never had impressive cameras before.
    However, the reviews so far on the camera, and comparisons, indicate that the s4 camera is very much in the upper echelon.
    Im no photo expert, so looking at a set of pictures from either phone wont really mean much to me, that's why I just listen to those who have the knowledge about the subject. And so far, it looks quite good for the s4.

Hate to break it to you, but I wouldn't trust these so called "experts". If you look at the night photos taken with the Lumia 920, they are the worst I've ever seen. They give it ratings below the Galaxy SIII, even though numerous experts and reviewers have deemed it the best low light camera available in a cell phone. I'm calling BS on this "comparison".

If you want get good photos, buy a DSLR. As far as I'm concerned, the S4 is no better than the L920.

Yeah of course, much like the 920 is no better than the n95 if you don't concern yourself with any of the things the 920 does better than the n95.
    Goes without saying.

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts
    Phone wars that go on are stupid, camera is nothing but a spec anymore. People fight and get beat out by the next competitor. This is only the best camera (not really if you count 808) until the iP5S, then until the Nokia EOS, then until the HTC One +, the it will be beat out again when they release GS5. No real story here.
    Gamertag: the teams Flag
    Microsoft Enthusiast; T-Mobile Revolutionist; Hip Hop Evolutionist
    Thanked by:
    biboyflip likes this.

Agree with flagz on this. In daily use it wont really matter if you have the s4 or 920 or One.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    Seen Anandtech's hands on ? S4 is lagging.

June - key lime pie comes
    S4 with 4.2 is already outdated now and when 5.0 comes , s4 is old story already.

I have used Note 2 , so much bloat added by Sammy.

iPhone 5 camera colors look natural compared to slightly over saturated 920 colors.

But for people, 920 colors appeal more.

S4 camera is nice as well but its a mistake to trade ur 920/iPhone 5 for lags.

If u are serious about camera in smartphone , get 808 or 920
    Thanked by:
    hacer619, dxdy and Eas195 like this.

I disagree. The s4 camera clearly is in the win here.
    With retards to lags, every review says its smooth, but cant really say anything until i get a copy to test.

But as pertains to camera, it clearly outperforms the iphone5 and 920.

5" display!!! No thank you
    Jazmac, willied, dxdy and 2 others like this.

You know its not really bigger than the lumia 920, right? Just smaller bezels?

As for smoothness, this is from anandtech:

"UI performance is finally at the point on most of these modern devices where its just amazingly smooth throughout everything. The Galaxy S 4 is no exception here."

So... Yeah, dat lag.

Edit: i watched the video again from anandtechs hands on, and i see that it doesn't react as fast as it should on certain things, like his hover-gestures and in the gallery. This hasn't been the case on any of the other videos ive seen, perhaps an earlier version or a really bogged down device? But from that video alone i can see that a sceptic would interpret that as a laggy device.
    However, as you can see above, in their written reviews they maintain its smoothness, and combined with the fact that no lag was evident in any of the other videos ive seen, it doesn't support the notion that the s4 is laggy.
    Last edited by Slai; 04-22-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    ....................For now
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    As long as Google keeps spying on its users I will not consider an Android device. I don't care what features are presented -- Google is still creepy and should be avoided. To say the new Android phone has a great camera is like saying, "Hey that child molester sure is a sharp dresser." He's still a child molester and should be avoided.

But you can't dispute that hes a sharp dresser. Which is what the topic is about.

Wether or not you feel somehow that google invades your privacy or not wasn't the discussion.
    Personally I have yet to see the downside of that.

And of course, child molesters are hailed as icons sometimes. Just look at Chaplin and Elvis.
    That wasn't an expert testing those phones, and other reviews put the 920 above the S4. Just a paid Samsung or Google site.
    cckgz4 and Eas195 like this.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Samsung hasn't made a good phone yet. I hope the S4 turns that around but I will never buy one.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    That wasn't an expert testing those phones, and other reviews put the 920 above the S4. Just a paid Samsung or Google site.
    A paid Samsung or Google site like phonearena?

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa..._id3294/page/3

I have no idea if phonearena has any allegiance to an OS or producer. They might.

I dont know, it seems like the s4 has a better camera. If you want me to, I can do a comparison when I get my s4?

Id love to see links to those other tests youce,seen where the 920 beats the s4 on camera, cant find any myself.

Btw: i never said that test was done by am expert, so don't leave here with that faulty belief :) .

Honestabe: what would you set as requirements for "good phone" yourself? Clearly the s2 and s3 aren't phones you consider good, regardless of what the majority of people say.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast