- 02-02-2013, 04:43 PM #1
Windows Phone has...
-tiles that update so I don't have to open an app to see important info
-one place that shows me all of my social media updates without ever needing to open the app
-people hub that links all of my contacts many different accounts in the world for one neat place to see them
-Rooms, which is my favorite. A place where I can privately share pics, docs, one note lists with my wife and another room for co-workers
-Kids Corner, nice to have a place where I can give people (not just kids) my phone to play a game without giving them access to my life
i will let others add there own things
02-02-2013, 05:08 PM #3
- 1,213 Posts
- 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM #7
On iOS/Android you also can't:
-Use sound enhancement apps that work with streaming as well as content stored on the phone
-Stream music files from the store seamlessly through the main media player
-integrate songs from the stores in auto generated mixes
-have a dynamic artist spotlight on lock screen and start screen while listening to music.
-Switch from mobile view to desktop view in settings.
- 02-04-2013, 05:53 AM #8
streaming works well, 'main' player is whichever app is chosen, so playstore, gmusic, mxplayer, vlc, or whatever will do that
there is a 'shuffle' button
mobile/desktop is in extended controls (touch extreme L/R side of webpage) , or if one prefers, browser settings.awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
- 02-04-2013, 05:59 AM #9
- 02-04-2013, 06:03 AM #10
social media- apps for that, sorry, I personally don't do social media so I can't recommend a good one
people puller- mmm, no social media, seen a few, didn't like them, yours wins
rooms, I get the concept, that's neat. I think blackberry is doing it better with home/corporate access. still, kidzone is very specific, and a very good idea for pacifying kids of this era.
also, evernote and a shared account is doing very well for me and the wife. a new file, picture, document, pdf, anything... is attached and I can view and edit it immediately.
Good points, I was expecting a really tough comparison, but this is easy so far. Keep em coming.awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
- 02-04-2013, 08:49 AM #11
- tweetdeck (you have to open me tile for this, you open tweetdeck on android)
- again tweetdeck does this
- so basically a group IM client. there are a gazillion of them on Android
- you can put privacy on apps like messages on Android
- 02-04-2013, 09:06 AM #13
- 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM #14
Group of all the girls I stalk can be pinned to my start screen so as soon as one of them is near me or had a fight with her potato salad, tile flips and tell me who and where to follow!
Disclaimer: that was a hypothetical scenario and I don't stalk people! ;)Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM #18Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- 02-04-2013, 01:01 PM #19
- 02-05-2013, 02:12 AM #24Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM #25
Secondly at the end of the day you WILL need an app. I can explain to you the number of thing you can do with a dedicated app as opposed to built in integration but that will take several hours of typing.
- By NairobiWP7 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 17Last Post: 10-27-2012, 08:39 AM
- By lycosman in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 09-18-2012, 01:19 AM
- By socialcarpet in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 32Last Post: 04-25-2012, 01:59 AM
- By MajorLonghorn in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 7Last Post: 02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
- By sniffs in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2012, 08:01 PM