Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Micah Dawson View Post
    but isn't that essentially what Skype is For Microsoft?
    It should be, but last i heard there were too many problems with skype and wp8 (battery), correct me if im wrong but isnt skype in wp8 still in beta? ... But i do agree that skype at one point should be as practical as facetime is to the iphone. Like i said, i have family members that dont install apps, facetime is neatly integrated to the OS without having to do much, its great that wp users will have skype, but a big shame that freaking carlos slim dosent allow 3g video calling with it here in mexico.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ G View Post
    It should be, but last i heard there were too many problems with skype and wp8 (battery), correct me if im wrong but isnt skype in wp8 still in beta? ... But i do agree that skype at one point should be as practical as facetime is to the iphone. Like i said, i have family members that dont install apps, facetime is neatly integrated to the OS without having to do much, its great that wp users will have skype, but a big shame that freaking carlos slim dosent allow 3g video calling with it here in mexico.
    From my understanding it is beta. The experience with Skype seems to vary on the forums. Some people say they have a pleasant experience and some state it has been awful for them.

I tried it on my 810 and it was perfectly fine. I have yet to try it on my 8x

Good stuff

Yes, i know what you mean. Skype should be to wp8 what facetime is to ios, but its not yet, thats is the problem. I read somewhere in this forum that people where uninstalling skype for a better battery life, that is just unacceptable. But yea, skype and wp8 will get there.

What would help with the Skype integration, and the platform as a whole, is next gen hardware (more power) and bigger/better batteries. I feel like it will be a very similar story to Android, where the hardware development outpaced the software optimization.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12