Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 211
Like Tree69Likes
  1. jkrc717's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    270 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
       #1  
    I can honestly say the Lumia 920.

    However, as a phone first and a phone built for a "phone". Blackberry is the best.
  2. ltyarbro42's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #2  
    I rocked the e71x back in the day. That thing was hard to beat
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    aitt likes this.
  3. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    #3  
    Motorola StarTac 😊
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress
    KLinCHI likes this.
  4. ut_jd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #4  
    Best OS - webOS on my Palm Pre
    Best Construction - Blackberry Bold 9930

    Currently (and loving it) - HTC 8x
  5. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    #5  
    It would be hard to choose an absolute favorite but this is a list of the ones I really liked.

    Motorola MPx220
    Cingular (HTC) 8125
    Palm Tungsten W
    BB 8310 Curve (red)
    iPhone 4
    Samsung GS2 Skyrocket
    HTC Titan 2
    HTC 8x
    Last edited by jaj324; 12-04-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: added a line
    snowmutt likes this.
  6. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    701 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,783 Global Posts
    #6  
    Believe it or not, I still have fond memories of my Palm Centro. Perfect shape, good os (for the day), durable. Of course, now it's the 822.
    Thanked by:
    brdl04 
  7. odin09's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    464 Posts
    #7  
    My humble Trophy has served me well and given me no problems.
    snowmutt likes this.
  8. nwildcat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #8  
    Actually, it was the Samsung Alias 2. Magic E-ink changing depending on direction was awesome. Great size, great functionality but still an actual phone.

    822 will likely beat it but have to have it for a while for me to think its the best ever.
  9. phirefly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #9  
    I've owned several smartphones and I like the Lumia 920 the best

    Hitachi G1000
    HTC Mogul
    Samsung Moment
    HTC EVO
    BlackBerry Bold
    HTC Titan
    Lumia 900
    Lumia 920
  10. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,917 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,047 Global Posts
    #10  
    Each new generation is probably my best phone. It's hard to compare a phone you buy today to a phone you bought 10 years ago.

    I can tell you what was the worse phone I owned. It was an AT&T Siemens phone, back in like 1997 or 1998. Back then the signal was an analog signal, not digital, SIM cards weren't out yet, and you got crazy roaming charges all the time. The only time my Siemens phone would ring is when I missed a call and that was every call unless I was standing under an AT&T cell tower. I suffered with that thing for 2 years.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Duvi and Laura Knotek like this.
  11. Kebero's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,053 Global Posts
    #11  
    All my Blackberries have proven the most reliable and robust phones I've ever owned - even my 1st Gen BB Storm. As much as I love the more advanced devices, especially my 920, nothing really touches the BB in terms of actual phone use and messaging. If I weren't so tied to WP for other reasons, I'd be counting down to BB10.
  12. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    978 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    #12  
    You must be joking. Storm I was the biggest piece of garbage BB ever made. Ever. I've always been a BB fan, but no fan can ever defend that phone.
    My next phone...
  13. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    978 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    #13  
    Oh, and my favorite was a Sanyo ruggedized dumb phone. Indestructable flip phone. I used to snap it shut really hard to listen to the quality of the build.
    My next phone...
  14. charlyee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    #14  
    From a call quality, reception, and battery life point of view, it was my TDMA Nokia 5165 and my GSM Nokia 6230. They were totally indestructible and the battery lasted an easy 5 days.

    Other than that any phone that I own at that point in time, is the best one I ever had, so I would say the Lumia 820, closely followed by the 900
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
  15. Infamy_dd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #15  
    My Palm Pre. The OS was the best, and the shape and size were perfect. Like every review at the time said, it just felt great in your hand with its curved shape. The notifications were great, and somehow being able to just slide it open to answer a call was faster and easier. More graceful somehow. That falls under "tiny conveniences that make life better" for sure. So did being able to look into the top of my purse in a meeting, and confirm from the slider at the top that it was muted. There's a lot to be said for hardware over software for things like that.

    I've had three phones since, and it still sits on its charger on my desk at home, telling me the time and checking my e-mail over WiFi.

    Yes - I sit in front of a powerful desktop computer, and use the buzz of my Pre to tell me when I have new mail. And its notification system was so great, that a quick glance over at it continues to be the best way to know if I want to interrupt what I'm doing to read said e-mail.

    My 8x is my first Windows phone, and it comes CLOSE to working with me as well as the Pre did, but it's not there yet.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek and ut_jd like this.
  16. Kebero's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,053 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    You must be joking. Storm I was the biggest piece of garbage BB ever made. Ever. I've always been a BB fan, but no fan can ever defend that phone.
    Are you saying that I couldn't have had a Storm that worked well, and was reliable?
  17. beej's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    #17  
    I don't have my L920 yet, but so far, my best phone would have to be the Nexus One. Man, I loved that thing. It was the perfect size (at the time), and lived the feel in my hand.
    aitt likes this.
  18. jimski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,254 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    #18  
    The one I am currently using. And the next one will probably be the new "best".
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    palandri likes this.
  19. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    978 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebero View Post
    Are you saying that I couldn't have had a Storm that worked well, and was reliable?
    I'm saying that every comment I've ever read about that device has been negative. In this case, you were the exception, not the rule. So I'd say you were lucky.
    My next phone...
    snowmutt likes this.
  20. ut_jd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamy_dd View Post
    My Palm Pre. The OS was the best, and the shape and size were perfect. Like every review at the time said, it just felt great in your hand with its curved shape. The notifications were great, and somehow being able to just slide it open to answer a call was faster and easier. More graceful somehow. That falls under "tiny conveniences that make life better" for sure. So did being able to look into the top of my purse in a meeting, and confirm from the slider at the top that it was muted. There's a lot to be said for hardware over software for things like that.

    I've had three phones since, and it still sits on its charger on my desk at home, telling me the time and checking my e-mail over WiFi.

    Yes - I sit in front of a powerful desktop computer, and use the buzz of my Pre to tell me when I have new mail. And its notification system was so great, that a quick glance over at it continues to be the best way to know if I want to interrupt what I'm doing to read said e-mail.

    My 8x is my first Windows phone, and it comes CLOSE to working with me as well as the Pre did, but it's not there yet.
    My sentiments exactly!
    snowmutt likes this.
  21. ALpHa.Q.RoUgH's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #21  
    My Nextel Chirp phones. Motorola's knew how to make those phones. If I wanted to talk to someone...just chirp them saved minutes, saved texts, quick & easy.

    Next would be the Iphone 3G. The reason I loved it so...was because even though it was jailbroken....the community was high and I had everything for free, that was missing from the phone. Now they've included everything and now its just no fun which is why I have a WP8. :-)
  22. tfracs33's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamy_dd View Post
    My Palm Pre. The OS was the best, and the shape and size were perfect. Like every review at the time said, it just felt great in your hand with its curved shape. The notifications were great, and somehow being able to just slide it open to answer a call was faster and easier. More graceful somehow. That falls under "tiny conveniences that make life better" for sure. So did being able to look into the top of my purse in a meeting, and confirm from the slider at the top that it was muted. There's a lot to be said for hardware over software for things like that.

    I've had three phones since, and it still sits on its charger on my desk at home, telling me the time and checking my e-mail over WiFi.

    Yes - I sit in front of a powerful desktop computer, and use the buzz of my Pre to tell me when I have new mail. And its notification system was so great, that a quick glance over at it continues to be the best way to know if I want to interrupt what I'm doing to read said e-mail.

    My 8x is my first Windows phone, and it comes CLOSE to working with me as well as the Pre did, but it's not there yet.
    I am finally switching to the 8x tomorrow from my original Palm Pre on Sprint. I must say, I've held on an long as I possible could. My phone has been stuck in headset mode for 4 months and some other things are not working.

    How did you get the phone to turn on without your Palm Profile being activated? I would love to keep it as a music player or use some of the apps currently on the phone.

    Any advice would be great! Thanks.
  23. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    I'm saying that every comment I've ever read about that device has been negative. In this case, you were the exception, not the rule. So I'd say you were lucky.
    I was a bb guy when the storm came out. I Remember it being a real disaster for RIM. A screen that actually works like a huge button, really😊
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress
  24. sinime's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    2,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,117 Global Posts
    #24  
    My Pre 2 was my favorite phone. Would have had a Pre 3 if HP hadn't pulled the plug on it. Yeah, I could have bought one online, but for the price and knowledge of how app support was heading, I jumped ship.

    Still miss webOS from time to time.

    Best phone though, would have to be my 920... Spec wise, it beats everything else I've owned and WP8 is probably the best alternative to webOS.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8)


    snowmutt likes this.
  25. Infamy_dd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    I am finally switching to the 8x tomorrow from my original Palm Pre on Sprint. I must say, I've held on an long as I possible could. My phone has been stuck in headset mode for 4 months and some other things are not working.

    How did you get the phone to turn on without your Palm Profile being activated? I would love to keep it as a music player or use some of the apps currently on the phone.

    Any advice would be great! Thanks.
    I think my Palm Profile must still be activated - at least in that it still knows my e-mail accounts. I honestly don't know. I bought a new phone, didn't turn it in when i did, took it home and sat it on my desk, where it has remained for three years. I'll take a look when I get home, see if there are any clues.
    tfracs33 likes this.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is the best grocery list app?
    By RonV42 in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 12:28 PM
  2. The Lumia 920 is the best phone I have ever owned
    By Pete C in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 10:25 PM
  3. What is the best of the best WP phone?
    By rabit1 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 03:33 AM
  4. What is the best Outlook Tasks replacement for WP7
    By SEKKDS in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 10:52 PM
  5. What is the best replacement to WM 6.5 Outlook Tasks?
    By SEKKDS in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions