Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave Blake

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Hello All, I am going to buy a phone (on my own ebay, craigslist, ect..) to add a line to my girlfriends AT&T account, I am down to these 2, A Titan (first model not a Titan II) or a Samsung Focus S, just want it to be 4G and I care more about phone call reception and clearity, wiFi, and reliability, don't care which has the best camera, or the best manufacture apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am fairly new to WP7,:blush: I have a HTC Arrive on Sprint, it's not a bad phone, just don't know if the Titan is better and if the Samsung Focus S is even better than the Titan, any opinions and information from people that own these would be great. Thank you, thank you, thank you :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Neither the Titan 1 or the Samsung Focus S are 4G, sorry.

You'll need to get a Titan II or a Lumia 900 if you want 4G LTE. Or if you can wait a bit, there will be some more coming.

None of the older Windows Phone models have 4G LTE, sorry.

If you're on AT&T then the Lumia 900 is a no brainer, or wait for the Titan II I guess if you like HTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Neither the Titan 1 or the Samsung Focus S are 4G, sorry.

You'll need to get a Titan II or a Lumia 900 if you want 4G LTE. Or if you can wait a bit, there will be some more coming.

None of the older Windows Phone models have 4G LTE, sorry.

If you're on AT&T then the Lumia 900 is a no brainer, or wait for the Titan II I guess if you like HTC.
    Both the Titan and Focus S are 4G (by AT&T's standards).

Only the 900 and Titan II are 4G LTE.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Get the Focus S there are many threads about the Titans poor phone quality and lagging 4g. I had the Focus S before the Titan and went back to the Focus S because of HTC QC issues and the lack of support for the Titan. I don't see any of this changing when the Titan II is released it will probably just be forgotten.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Both the Titan and Focus S are 4G (by AT&T's standards).

Only the 900 and Titan II are 4G LTE.
    That's what I meant 4g not. LTE
    Just cruise the forums of the Titan and the "S". Focus S users are way more happy than Titan owners. I have an "S", and my wife owns a Titan. She puts a much higher premium on camera than anything else on a phone, and really wanted a large screen so she is happy. But from internet performance to call quality, the "S" is a better performer. It is upsetting in a way, because HTC has been such a strong supporter of WP.
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne