Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    The success of the HTC One is showing that is posible to make money with Android despite the Samsung domination. Unless Microsoft bring something really good for Windows Phone next year, I predict a Nokia phone running Android before the end of 2014.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Uhm... what? What is your measure of success? You might want to look into what Nokia is getting from MS in return for their exclusivity, and compare that to how much better you THINK they might do selling Android. Here's a hint: no they wouldn't be doing better.

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiziano27 View Post
    The success of the HTC One is showing that is posible to make money with Android despite the Samsung domination. Unless Microsoft bring something really good for Windows Phone next year, I predict a Nokia phone running Android before the end of 2014.
    Just skimming your posts, it doesn't appear you are a fan of WP...
    Thanked by:
    Jazmac likes this.
  4. tgp

Global Posts
    2,427 Global Posts
    I have to wonder too if Nokia won't start producing Android phones sometime in the near future. The Android market is already crowded, but if Nokia took just 5% of the Android market, that's approximately as many phones as the number of WP they're selling now.
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I agree, I think it is possible for Nokia to have a great success on Android. It doesn't mean they have to abandon WP, but imagine all of those great reviews on Nokia phone's hardware and cameras, combined with the open possibilites of Android! I think it's at least worth a shot.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Lol, riiiiiight.
    Thanked by:
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiziano27 View Post
    The post below you nails it. Also if they go android they'll be paying Microsoft for the patent stealing. I think the boatloads of money they get from Microsoft will keep them exclusive to Windows Phone for quite a while.
    Residing likes this.

Lol, what are you talking about . Nokia has the highest number of mobile patents .If nokia goes android , then they will start to sue all the windows phone OEM'S(assuming that there will be any left). Microsoft pays nokia around 250 million dollars , which is less than the royalty that nokia pays to microsoft
    I'm talking about how all android oem's have to pay Microsoft for patents. Duh.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    The deal that Microsoft has with Nokia, $250 million per quarter since 2011, is over or coming to an end?
    nube_android likes this.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Nokia CEO himself said they don't plan on making Android phones (not anytime soon at least)!
    Thanked by:
    multo 

i wish to see Nokia producing mid range android phones along with wp ...........wp8 is still not upto android in terms of usability.lot of basic features missing

Nokia is not going Android.

But it's nice to see Android fans wanting Nokia.

Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    Nope sorry, i've heard too many people at phone stores telling me this, and it annoys the hell out of me.

Nokia will never go to Android.
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
    WP8fan likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    The deal that Microsoft has with Nokia, $250 million per quarter since 2011, is over or coming to an end?
    Info on that is sketchy. Nothing official. Most financial websites claim a duration of five years.
    Thanked by:
    FinancialP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LMZR View Post
    Nope sorry, i've heard too many people at phone stores telling me this, and it annoys the hell out of me.

Nokia will never go to Android.
    If the sales of lumia handsets increase drastically in q2 and q3 , then nokia wont create android handsets . Otherwise Elop will be fired and nokia will finally adopt android

Nokia will be going Android or not. It is still a question for the future. However, for now Android fans just have to drool over the sexy Nokia design with WP OS. Go back to where you are. We will call you when Nokia goes Android.

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    I understand that you want Nokia to produce android phones. But right now. If they do android phones. That would mean they would have to pay MS for patent fees. Like every other OEM. If they stay WP they will get paid by MS instead of paying MS for patent fees and also loosing money in the long term. LG Sony Htc are an example

I've emailed high-rank employees of Nokia (those who directly know Stephen Elop) and the reason they will never go Android is that the hardware is always changing, and no matter how many cores or how many gigs of ram you have, you will have this thing non-existent on Windows Phone. I heard its called "Lag". I've a friend who has a Galaxy S4 Octa and he installed like 40 apps and when he swipes to the left, it reacts like 2 seconds later and when he was browsing androidcentral for about 10 minutes, his battery percentage dropped by 30%. App support for Android is limited. Android has viruses. Android has no security. Android's apps are not checked. MANY fake apps. The list just goes. OSes like iOS don't have that and runs smooth as silk. Windows Phone is a second.
    Hit the "thanks" button if you thought the post above was helpful!

[HR][/HR]
    Current Device:

Samsung ATIV S GT-I8370
    Firmware: 2424.12.12.3
    ROM: UK OPEN
    Network: StarHub
    Dev Unlocked: ✔
    Thanked by:
    WP8fan 
    Abhishek Upadhyay likes this.

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WP8Expert View Post
    I've emailed high-rank employees of Nokia (those who directly know Stephen Elop) and the reason they will never go Android is that the hardware is always changing, and no matter how many cores or how many gigs of ram you have, you will have this thing non-existent on Windows Phone. I heard its called "Lag". I've a friend who has a Galaxy S4 Octa and he installed like 40 apps and when he swipes to the left, it reacts like 2 seconds later and when he was browsing androidcentral for about 10 minutes, his battery percentage dropped by 30%. App support for Android is limited. Android has viruses. Android has no security. Android's apps are not checked. MANY fake apps. The list just goes. OSes like iOS don't have that and runs smooth as silk. Windows Phone is a second.
    While I agree with some of your points, I guarantee no high-ranking Nokia exec told them to you.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    I read the other day that MSFT gives Nokia 1 BILLION dollars a year to make WP phones. They're not going anywhere.
    Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    I had a few jitters when I woke up today morning to read about the possibility of Huawei buying NOkia. I mean FTW Huawei, I don't want anybody to touch Nokia.

Ohh.. how the tables have turned, a few years back Nokia would have bought 2 Huawei sized companies.

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    5 Million sold for HTC One. Great royalties for Microsoft and Nokia :)

Yep such a success when ONE sold 2 weeks earlier, and S4 hit 100mil within a month.

I think these Android trolls that want Nokia to make Android phones are really more worried about the traction Nokia is starting to make with WP.
    Thanked by:
    Residing likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast