Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #26  
    Kevin from CrackBerry must be laughing at us.
  2.    #27  
    Hope gameloft knows we are mad.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I'm no expert, but maybe BB's putting more money into this than MS?
    Last time I checked, most new games to WP8 were thanks to Nokia (even if they were Lumia exclusives)

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    i dont understand, isnt microsoft fairly generous to developers? Why is everyone snubbing wp?
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Well, I don't even think porting is necessary for BB10. People said a LOT of apps going to the platform are actually Android 2.3 versions of those apps, so there must be some way to get already-made Android apps running on B10, meaning even if Windows Phone 8 is easier for porting than 7.5, BB10 might not even need it.
    Of course Android apps are easier to port, BB10 is QNX based......but the Android 2.3 versions you speak of are sideloaded apps, not full ports. This means that the developers are going to prioritize BB10 over WP8 because it's "easier" to do so (on porting existing apps). This problem is becoming a real headache for WP8 consumers.....
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"

Didn't they make a number of apps for the PlayBook? If so, that would make it quite easy for them to port over to BB10.

Downloading now and its 79p which is nice to see. Normally they are over £2.

You would think this would be at the top of the new releases but i had to search for it. I wouldn't have known if i hadn't seen this thread.
  8.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    Downloading now and its 79p which is nice to see. Normally they are over £2.

You would think this would be at the top of the new releases but i had to search for it. I wouldn't have known if i hadn't seen this thread.
    Sadly, I can't download asphalt 7 now. Weird. United States, Nokia Lumia 920. Anyone else have this problem? It says it isn't available for my device.

Maybe try purchasing through your online account. It might work and it will automatically start downloading to your phone.

Really good game btw. Runs great and looks great too.

Only issue, it makes your phone incredibly hot! Battery ain't gonna last a full day with this one :)
  10.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    Maybe try purchasing through your online account. It might work and it will automatically start downloading to your phone.

Really good game btw. Runs great and looks great too.

Only issue, it makes your phone incredibly hot! Battery ain't gonna last a full day with this one :)
    Angry Birds Star Wars makes my phone very hot too. And how do you want me to do that??

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts
    This is total crap man. Asphalt 7 is available for the iPhone 3gs and a ton of Android devices yet we get told we must have 1gb of ram.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
  12.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    This is total crap man. Asphalt 7 is available for the iPhone 3gs and a ton of Android devices yet we get told we must have 1gb of ram.
    This!
  13.    #39  
    Finally was able to install it. Bought it. Very cheap and good game. :)
  14.    #40  
    Now for the other Gameloft games...

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit11B View Post
    Of course Android apps are easier to port, BB10 is QNX based......but the Android 2.3 versions you speak of are sideloaded apps, not full ports. This means that the developers are going to prioritize BB10 over WP8 because it's "easier" to do so (on porting existing apps). This problem is becoming a real headache for WP8 consumers.....
    ALL the big games are 100% NATIVE Playbook/BB10 apps ported from the iOS versions --- NOTHING to do with Android runtimes. BB10's Android runtime doesn't do native Android c/c++ codes --- which means that it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to port a big 3D game from Android to BB10.

For example, Galaxy on Fire 2 is available on iOS and on Android --- Fishlabs didn't even bother to touch the Android source code, they ported GoF2 directly from the iOS source code to Playbook/BB10.

Entering Premium-Space: Galaxy on Fire 2 HD blazes onto the PlayBook » Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Sci-Fi Shooter, Space Trader, 3D Action Game, RIM, Research In Motion, BlackBerry, App World, Playbook, Tablet, Release, Launch, 2012 » iPhone, iPad & Smartph

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessrobot View Post
    Android apps only run in Blackberry via an emulated environment, and emulating Android 2.3 at that.
    Biggest misconception of all time. Google open sourced the Dalvik engine, RIM grabbed the Dalvik engine source code and ported it to QNX --- when you have the original source code, it is a direct port (and NOT an emulator).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12