1.    #1  
    shouldn't Microsoft give some extra storage even if it's like 1 or 2 gig to consumer who buy their devices? (ie windows phone, Windows Surface RT etc.) I have both but seriously they need to give more incentive.

to add 50gb is 16 a year in the uk , that is less then 1.50 a month when you think about it , that gives you 57gb for less then 1.50 a month?? surely that isnt to bad??

yeah dropbox will give you free 50gb if you buy a sgs3 etc but then after 2 years , after you have used it , uploaded all your files , you will have to pay for it?? there isnt much difference really apart from 2 years free , then you think dam i am gonna have to pay because all my data is loaded up there , i did try dropbox but i honestly find skydrive as good if not better :-)

we cant always have something for nothing and 7gb starting allowance is quite a lot really ...... just my opinion

on the flip side yeah another 3gb for buying a device taking it to 10gb could/would be nice but it is quite fair at the minute i think
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I received a code for 3gb on SkyDrive when I purchased my Surface RT on launch day.

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I got it when it was 25GB free back then

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    $25/yr for 50gb if I remember right which puts you at 57gb total. You can't beat that with the services you get. Why incentivize when they practically give it away? You can't buy storage that cheap anywhere I would bet. Ya, Dropbox has the bait and switch but I like my Skydrive. Its well worth $2.10 a month.
  6.    #6  
    darn lucky u I pre-order Surface RT and it was delayed but didn't get any code though but did get 50 dollar discount because of the delay
    Quote Originally Posted by monlosez3 View Post
    I got it when it was 25GB free back then
    So did I.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    So did I.
    Yep, me too, but lost it in the email convergence (my email address was not professional, so I had to create a new email address and transfer purchases etc)

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I think people should understand that businesses ccould not offer everything free, there will be no point in doing it. So, a bit of a free space is ok as a marketing leverage, too much and you get bust in a few months.
    anyway, I have different accounts on different services, and I spread (and doubled) my files around them.
    and now there's a new kid in town. COPY! New cloud storage service with at least 10GB FREE! http://goo.gl/uAfs9 but hurry up before they drop this generous launch offer
    Copy is from Barracuda networks, a reliable network appliance and security company coming into data storage. it seems like a better setup to me; as long as it is not a proof of concept, I think it will last.

I had two hotmail accounts and got them both upgraded to 25gb - but as you can only sign in with devices to one account it can make things tricky. It does however mean that i have basically got a seperate skydrive for work and archiving items and another skydrive for all my personal stuff.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    share a folder as editor in one of the two accounts and you can use it in the other "nearly" as if it were a subfolder. this works much better in box though because of their collaboration features

Quote Originally Posted by george68 View Post
    I think people should understand that businesses ccould not offer everything free, there will be no point in doing it. So, a bit of a free space is ok as a marketing leverage, too much and you get bust in a few months.
    anyway, I have different accounts on different services, and I spread (and doubled) my files around them.
    and now there's a new kid in town. COPY! New cloud storage service with at least 10GB FREE! http://goo.gl/uAfs9 but hurry up before they drop this generous launch offer
    Copy is from Barracuda networks, a reliable network appliance and security company coming into data storage. it seems like a better setup to me; as long as it is not a proof of concept, I think it will last.
    It is for iOS & android only