Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello Everybody,

I am new to Windows Phone and have been using sky drive only recently. I know there are some issues, but by and large sky drive seems to be a nice option. Since I have bought a new Lumia 920, it makes more sense to invest into sky drive. I have two concerns

1. One of my main reasons to use sky drive is to share pics with my family and friends. And recently, I tried to share my folder with my friends. They were able to view and download individual pics, but while trying to download the whole folder, it is asking them to log into their windows accounts, which some of them dont have :(. . I tried everything from my side but to no avail. Is this even possible ??

2. While using mail app in my windows phone, Can we attach a file/document from my sky drive, in our gmail ? The attach button takes me to my albums, and my sky drive albums, but not my documents in sky drive.

I know we can open sky drive and share the document in our email. But I was having an email conversation, and found that I could not attach my sky drive documents. Am I missing something ? Can this be done ?

Found this link. It says, a folder abover 25mb cannot be downloaded by a friend unless he signs into windows account. Depressing.

SkyDrive does not allow sharing large files with non-SkyDrive users | WMPoweruser

SkyDrive is not a mobile hosting site, it's a cloud service. Tell your friend to get a Microsoft account, it's amazing he has managed to stay without one for so long. It's not non-SkyDrive users, he just needs an MS account. If he has hotmail or an Xbox account, that should suffice.

I understand that it is a cloud service, but sky drive cannot grow unless MS takes out its limitations. If MS wants to compete with dropbox or google drive, it needs to adapt. Give the control to the user!!

And dont be amazed, I know tons of my collegues who dont have a Windows account. So, creating an account just to download my shared folder doesnt make sense to him, neither to me.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GomzyRockz View Post
    I understand that it is a cloud service, but sky drive cannot grow unless MS takes out its limitations. If MS wants to compete with dropbox or google drive, it needs to adapt. Give the control to the user!!

And dont be amazed, I know tons of my collegues who dont have a Windows account. So, creating an account just to download my shared folder doesnt make sense to him, neither to me.
    If you were to share these via dropbox, wouldn't they need to sign up for dropbox to get the whole folder?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanb131 View Post
    If you were to share these via dropbox, wouldn't they need to sign up for dropbox to get the whole folder?
    I dont think so. My friend recently shared a 3 gb folder via dropbox. I could just "Select all" and download it to my desktop folder.