09-16-2013, 10:28 AM #1
- 2,546 Posts
Ten people were shot and many were injured in this shooting at a Navy Yard in DC. This is very depressing. I wish all the families' who's family and friends were in this situation luck that they are okay. Please pray for the people involved in this situation.
09-20-2013, 01:11 AM #4
- 243 Posts
Well, I live right outside of DC (i go there all the time), its sad to see such an event, especially in a supposedly secure place such as the Navy Yard. Not to invoke paranoia in anybody, but this goes to show that no matter where you are, stuff like this can happen, I mean take a look at The Virginia Tech incident, shootings like this can happen anywhere, at any time, to anybody. Its such a shame to think that there are people this mentally unstable that they are able to do things like this. My heart goes out to the victims of this attack.
09-20-2013, 03:18 AM #5
- 5,830 Posts
The whole situation in D.C. is sad. I think we have a lot of mental health issues in the U.S. that aren't being resolved properly. I think we need to look closer at Switzerland. They have a 2nd amendment like we do, but don't have a 10th of the gun violence that we do per 100,000 people. What are they doing differently?
I am currently in France and a shooting here, in support of the shooter, is dominating the news. I just blogged about it this morning: French Riviera: Self Defense And A Shooting In Nice, FranceCheck out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
- By Cheewii Poon in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 46Last Post: 09-23-2013, 02:43 PM
- By srihari324 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 09-02-2013, 08:46 AM
- By Aashish Chokhani in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2013, 03:58 PM
- By lce123 in forum The Photography LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2013, 10:29 AM
- By Zolotoy in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2013, 10:15 AM