Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Yawn..another Android modded OS. Facebook trying REALLY hard to keep YOU in the centre of things...

Just seeing the Live events. Early thoughts??

Looks bad IMHO.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,649 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Yawn..another Android modded OS. Facebook trying REALLY hard to keep YOU in the centre of things...

Just seeing the Live events. Early thoughts??

Looks bad IMHO.

I'm watching without any audio (lecture hall) seems confusing. Might be less confusing with the audio on
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    WPenvy likes this.
    The problem I have with this (which is probably one of many) is that Facebook is trying to build a UI on top of a UI. IMO, Home doesn't simplify your life. Instead making you dig through yet another screen before you can access your information. Every Facebook press conference, demo and presentation always show wonderful pictures of people doing fun and exciting things that "you just gotta see!" But the reality is that people want to check their Facebook all the time. They do not want to be on Facebook all the time. Hey, I like checking my Facebook but I have two friends that just had a baby (and another next month). I don't want or need my lockscreen spammed with baby image #2,398. I don't need to be alerted that my friend "gave up Mountain Dew" or what he had for dinner. Those are not things you just gotta see. Those are things that are best checked, not forced upon me using an invasive UI and alert system. This is great for the full time Facebooker but I don't see many people sticking with Home after their initial trial run.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Let us laugh now.

facebook phone for itself is BAD, but that u can download on other android phones that facebook home launcher is actually awesome.. i wish microsoft gave nokia some things to make on os by themselvs too ..

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I'm watching without any audio (lecture hall) seems confusing. Might be less confusing with the audio on
    I did that too lol.. I think is just more people centric as stated on the verge and other tech sites

FB is a public company now. They have to please the investors, and they're doing that by bringing your friends closer to you via Home. And that'll bring ads closer to you. Nothing comes for free.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aaa6112 View Post
    FB is a public company now. They have to please the investors, and they're doing that by bringing your friends closer to you via Home. And that'll bring ads closer to you. Nothing comes for free.
    +1

No doubt there will be people who will love this approach to FB, and that's fine if it gives them what they want. I wonder if it supports all the FB functions though - groups, pages and so on.

Once again we see someone marketing a phone UI that is people-centric... wonder where that idea came from?
    Lumia 925 | Surface Pro |
  9. cgk

Global Posts
    7,697 Global Posts
    It's not for me but if you look at the stats a lot of people are using their phones for a lot of facebook and not a lot else so this will suit them.
    Thanked by:
    Rndomuser likes this.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    It's Facebook Home, and will be downloadable on 12th.

Don't see the point of the HTC First phone and they wonder why they aren't selling many phones anymore

What's next an EBay phone with EBay home? So you can see all the new items from your favorite sellers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Adverts on your lock screen? Who wouldn't want that? Who could find that in any way intrusive? ;)
    Thanked by:

Zuckerberg & HTC trying to steal the thunder from Windows Phone OS by claiming that FB Home will make android phones the "First" social phone... LOL �� I already owned a truly FIRST SOCIAL phone when Windows Phone came out like 3 odd years ago. This so-called Home app is a rip-off by FB. Moreover, the Home app is solely focused on FB whilst our beloved WP is seamlessly integrated with FB + Linkedln + Twitter.
    Nothing new here, next.... ��
    And I forget to add this.... the best thing about our WP social feeds are that you won't be bombarded with Ads ��
    Last edited by robinleck; 04-04-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��
    Instagram phone anyone? :P

Sorry had to be said.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Its just plain bad.
    I hate that Zuck dude. Looks evil.

And believe me, I DONT have the FB app on my phone either.
    So this is surely not for me.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    what annoyed me was the constant " we want to put people first". I mean have they never heard of windows phone.
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) --> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) --> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M)
    Thanked by:
    Ticomfreak and interopbyt like this.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Hats off to Mark Zuckerberg for pulling something off at such a grand scale and pretending that Windows Phone never existed. FB photos on the lockscreen, FB updates on the home screen, integrated FB chat. Come on, really?
    I barely like facebook and all the rubbish I see on it

The occasional browse on other peoples profiles is satisfying enough

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Given MSFT has a large ownership investment in FB makes sense from a competitive PoV. Pushing Google out of their own OS. Its actually f*^#)^$ genius.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Think I'll stick to WP8... that already has enough FB integration.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Yeps me too! WP has basic FB integration w/o taking over the whole UI and w/o adds LOL

I like it this way, i go to People Hub and check my friends feeds WHENEVER i want! FB Home seems a bit too forceful imo, it's like they want to force it down our throats! Sorry, but i don't want something that doesen't give me an option - FB Home will just always be there, taking over your phone!

Instead they could have improved FB widget...as far as i remember it from my Droid, it is pretty poor lol

Global Posts
    8,731 Global Posts
    I am not a Facebook user. I wonder how much data it will eat up? Data is expensive now through AT&T.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:

You look at this and you see just how far ahead of its time WP7 was.
    robinleck and interopbyt like this.

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts
    Since the HTC Status was such a phenomenal success for HTC and Facebook, they needed to release another FB-centered phone to quell the rioting masses.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Sounds like an interesting concept.

I don't think they don't acknowledge windows phone doesn't exist tho, simply because of the first photo Zuckerberg showed in his presentation. Showed all OS'. I doubt it means they'll make an official app, but im pretty sure they realize windows phone exists now as a good third place because, I don't see no blackberry on there ;)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast