- 02-27-2013, 09:35 PM #1
I love Windows Phone 8. I know there are apps, ideas, and things that could make it better. I have a few app ideas of my own. What I would like to propose is something like KickStarter, except for Windows Phone 8 apps. I am tentatively calling it WiPoStarter, but I am open to new and better names.
If you have ever played Godville the following will seem familiar.
1) Users submit ideas for apps.
2) There is 48 hours for members of WiPoStarter to vote on apps that interest them,1 vote per app. (There is an exception that I will mention later). Any one can become a member for free.
3) Any app idea receiving at least 40% positive votes goes onto the next stage.
Ideas that pass through Stage 1 get to the Enhancement Room. Those that have had 5 app ideas approved for app funding are allowed to vote for ideas with a vote of 1. Only positive votes are allowed. These super users can also modify the ideas and add comments.In stage one they get 3 positive votes / 1 negative vote per idea.
Developers - revised 10/3/2013
Developers bid on a well received app for time to complete, cost, and features. The original app idea creator will work with the developer of his choice. If the app creator does not have the funds or interest wipostarter will step in to advance the project to the next step.
Ideas that receive a good number of positive votes go up to the developers.They choose which ideas they like the best and decide how long it will take to complete. The development team works with the original idea creator to come up with how the app works and looks.
The Developers tell the Funding Team how much money they need to finish the app. The Funding Team either goes to Lending Club to get money through debt financing or gets money through equity contributions. The Funding Team works with the original idea creator to work out a profit and loss split.
That's all I have so far. I really think it could be a billion dollar idea. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and if this is the right place to have the discussion. Details are fuzzy on a lot of things so if you have ideas on certain topics please add them to the discussion.
Thanks for reading! I really hope this thread kicks off.
Last edited by inside man 55; 03-10-2013 at 11:34 AM.
- 03-05-2013, 01:12 PM #3
This is a hidden gem! Great idea! I'm not going to close this thread as it is a very good idea that didn't get the chance yet to see its potential.Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - I may not be Paladinleeds by name, but I still use the hammer.
- 03-07-2013, 07:27 AM #6
This project needs the following:
I don't have the first two. I do have the second. Here are apps I would like to see made.
1) what's in my fridge? Sometimes I have no clue. I have three opened containers of sour cream.
2) what's in my pantry? A little better but not much.
3) warranty tracker - I have no clue when I bought stuff, who to contact, when it expires, where receipts are, sometimes I have to check the included warranty paperwork = messy
4) Automatic credit card tracker - if you have automatic payments made on your credit cards updating each one when your credit card expires is a real pain. Dealing with that now. Excel is not the answer.
- 03-10-2013, 11:29 AM #8
Last edited by inside man 55; 03-10-2013 at 12:32 PM.
- 03-10-2013, 12:31 PM #9
Here is idea #5 and #6...5) wipostarter why can't this be an app? Would be amazing, use the power of the app store to get new users to create and vote on ideas 6) Hybrid vs. Gasoline powered car comparison, some automotive places have it, but I have not seen an app do it, with metro theming for the buttons and minimal programming I think the app would be very useful for those looking to compare hybrid cost and mileage vs. a traditional car
- 03-10-2013, 03:58 PM #12Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - I may not be Paladinleeds by name, but I still use the hammer.
- 03-11-2013, 07:23 PM #15
No worries, I am thinking of what needs to be done and it is more involved than what I thought. As a first stab at it I really like what Jay has done using the WPCentral app. No tabs...just squares. Brit + Co. has a nice app too. I want to make the website touch friendly. Sending you a private message.
- 03-11-2013, 08:07 PM #17
Thanks Laura, #4 drives me crazy : )
The beauty of apps is they target a certain demographic, as long as there enough people that find something useful some enterprising person someplace will find a way to make it happen.
I have taken your advice and started the above thread. Still a lot of work but I am loving it. : )
- 03-12-2013, 08:55 PM #19
- By Emad-Hawlery in forum Developers CornerReplies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2013, 08:39 AM
- By FoscoSoft in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 11-25-2011, 02:57 AM
- By ashishvshenoy in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2011, 11:46 AM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 06-03-2011, 12:39 PM