Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ..if the iPhone 6 or whatever will have a 5 inch screen?
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Nope, I wouldn't buy any phone that had a 5" screen.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Okay let's say 4.5" and above?

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Nah, not even then.

1) I don't like Apple's pricing
    2) I don't like how iOS works in the first place, I much prefer WP over that
    3) I'm from Finland, from the very same city where Nokia's mobile phone business started, have worked 3 different jobs at the Nokia campus.. I'm biased and sticking with Nokia :D

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    At least I'm considering it, because I've realised WP8 is not really updating at the pace I was expecting.

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

I'm personally happy with my 920, wouldn't consider any other phone currently on the market over it. As for upcoming phones, probably only the aluminium Lumia would be of my interest :D But I for one have very little interest towards apps, never really had more than 2-3 on any of my smartphones.

I'm developing cross platform apps, so at the moment have an iPhone 5, a HTC 8s and some LG Android phone. I personally have a L920 too.

I've been playing with the iPhone since I got it last week, and to be honest, I'm not impressed.

I had a iPhone 3G when they came out, and at the time nothing touched it, but now it is just a bit dull. Having to come out of an app to change its setting! Buttons so small that i have to prod it 2 or 3 times for it to register! No widgets or live tiles, with only stock ones showing a number above them! I also had wifi just drop out for no reason while streaming(wasn't the router as my 920 was fine).

The only positives are app numbers and battery life. Although that could be because I'm hardly using it.

The one OS that does look interesting to me is Ubuntu, which should be released later this year. It seems to take the best bits of every OS. Might try and get a Galaxy Nexus and install the development version soon.
    ryker002 likes this.

Just remebered another anoyance with the iPhone 5 over other phones.

The navigation buttons at the top. The phone is quite long and having the back/previous button in the top left of the screen just doesn't work well. Especially if you're right handed.

I don't think they could make a bigger screened iPhone until they sort this out, as it would make one handed operation almost impossible.

Just my 2 pennies worth.
    Is this a joke?
    Bartdog likes this.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmhgeneral View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Why would it be a joke? Considering Apple still have a nice momentum while WP8 seems to be rolling like a slow train right now, I think this is a good discussion.

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Apple is losing market share. While they have more than WP, just what momentum do they really have?
    Thanked by:
    Etios likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lfjj View Post
    At least I'm considering it, because I've realised WP8 is not really updating at the pace I was expecting.

I am not sure what I am going to do. It really depends. It also depends on what Blackberry does as well.

iOS 7 could have some sort of live title. Not sure what they are going to bring.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    "Never give up, never surrender!" I hate iOS anyway.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Momentum was the wrong word to use but they are a steady #2 in the market and there will be a hard struggle for WP to gain that spot, at this speed they are certainly not doing it before 2015/2016.

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90
    Quote Originally Posted by lfjj View Post
    Considering Apple still have a nice momentum.
    Apple has momentum? Seriously? They haven't done anything new since 2010. Their whole OS is nothing but a glorified app launcher. Always was and still is. Apple iOS is the most boring OS out there.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    I am not sure what I am going to do. It really depends. It also depends on what Blackberry does as well.

iOS 7 could have some sort of live title. Not sure what they are going to bring.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    The thing with me is, I don't give a damn how iOS looks by default. I will jailbreak it like I did with my iPhone 4 (I had that before the L920) and put everything on there that Apple ain't, that includes a nice Dreamboard theme or something.

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

no.
    sravanv likes this.

I'm going to think long and hard come November when I'm due for an upgrade. I can't see myself going back to Android because I don't like Google's privacy hating ways. But if Apple finally modernizes iOS, I will consider the iPhone.
    Strings78 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Apple has never been an option in my world. Don't see that changing.
    windows phone is going slow, but they are going to be updating it soon and look on the bright side: sure wp is small at around 3% marketshare but its been almost doubling it marketshare every year and Microsoft can't afford not to have a presence in the mobile phone space, I think we just need to wait and have windows 8 get more adoption and wp will follow suit. I think wp can only go up from here, if they do die off, the only mobile OS that looks interesting to me is Ubuntu phone. I don't like android and iOS is very stagnant at the moment...
    If Apple successfully proves they hold a patent on the "smartphone" tomorrow, and successfully lobbies for the immediate destruction of all competing devices, including those already sold, I will go back to a feature phone.
    11B1P, a5cent, Bartdog and 4 others like this.

A lot of it depends on the next 3 to 6 months. I imagine we will have some sort of update with in that time frame. It will depend heavily on what is provided with the update. There is a lot that needs to be done with this OS and we may be able to gauge the direction and commitment of MS based on the next update.

I probably wont ever go to Apple, but I could end up back with Android. Id rather not, Id rather MS get their crap together and improve the OS. But I wont wait much longer. This year will be key for me.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Nah. Do what feels right. ~ I like that Xbox Music is getting on iOS though.

In a couple of years, when win8 is the dominant desktop platform, wp8.xx is going to feel very natural to most users. This is when we will see market share increase dramatically.
    Devs will start making win8 apps and Blue will make it easy to scale down to wp8, which will erase the "app gap.". Microsoft is in this for the long haul. Android showed how quickly a platform can take over, and once Microsoft fully developes the mobile to desktop integration that win8 provides, people will be at a disadvantage if they don't have a wp8 device.
    Google sees this, and that is why they made their fancy new chromebook. They need a desktop presence to keep up with Microsoft's grand scheme.
    Thanked by:

No, I've spewed enough iOS hate on Facebook that I'd be mocked endlessly if I ever went back to an iDevice. Burned that bridge down completely and stomped the ashes into the ground. Fortunately for me, I don't see Apple changing in any significant way that would make me want to go back or change my opinion of iOS, so I guess I'm safe for now. I've got another year and a change on my 920, and I'm still really liking it, so if that keeps up, I don't see any reason I won't get the next version of it in 2014 when they have some 3 gigapixel f/0 camera in it that takes perfect pictures even with your finger over the lens.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast