- 02-20-2013, 03:45 PM #1
I'm doing it, I'm ditching my desktop... sort of. Next month I'm buying a Surface RT and I'm going to output that to a second monitor. I'm not getting rid of my desktop. Instead I'm going to beef it up and then use it as a general workstation for photo/video editing. In reality it's going to be my girl's computer. The Surface will become my replacement laptop. After all, the only thing I need is Office and Internet.
Ideally I would like a 21.5" 1080p monitor with HDMI input for around $150. Unfortunately, the HDMI input option seems to be few and far between for that price range. So what about a 1080p TV instead? It doesn't have to be fancy, even something like this 22" Westinghouse would get the job done. But is there really any downside to going with a TV vs monitor (other than color reproduction)? I'm mostly talking about using Office and Hulu/Netflix."Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM #2
I found this and a few others over at Tiger Direct
ASUS VS228H-P 22 Class Widescreen LED Backlit Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 50000000:1 Dynamic, 5ms, HDMI, DVI, VGA, Energy Star at TigerDirect.com
Acer S231HL bid 23 Widescreen LED Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080, 12000000:1 ACM, 5ms, VGA, DVI, HDMI at TigerDirect.com
02-20-2013, 03:56 PM #4
- 6,411 Posts
It will be fine connecting the desktop to the television it seems they have more ports than monitor now.
I connected my laptop to my television very easy I used an HDMI cable didn't notice the difference between having a monitor or television.
Some television have VGA ports shipped inside them as well.
- By v10type-r in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 14Last Post: 12-06-2012, 11:58 PM
- By Cobbakazi in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-31-2012, 10:20 AM
- By Maziar.a in forum HTC TITANReplies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2011, 05:36 AM
- By palandri in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 12-04-2011, 03:54 PM
- By Mike-Mike in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-29-2011, 03:10 PM