- 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM #1
I'm doing it, I'm ditching my desktop... sort of. Next month I'm buying a Surface RT and I'm going to output that to a second monitor. I'm not getting rid of my desktop. Instead I'm going to beef it up and then use it as a general workstation for photo/video editing. In reality it's going to be my girl's computer. The Surface will become my replacement laptop. After all, the only thing I need is Office and Internet.
Ideally I would like a 21.5" 1080p monitor with HDMI input for around $150. Unfortunately, the HDMI input option seems to be few and far between for that price range. So what about a 1080p TV instead? It doesn't have to be fancy, even something like this 22" Westinghouse would get the job done. But is there really any downside to going with a TV vs monitor (other than color reproduction)? I'm mostly talking about using Office and Hulu/Netflix."Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 02-20-2013, 02:53 PM #2
I found this and a few others over at Tiger Direct
ASUS VS228H-P 22 Class Widescreen LED Backlit Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 50000000:1 Dynamic, 5ms, HDMI, DVI, VGA, Energy Star at TigerDirect.com
Acer S231HL bid 23 Widescreen LED Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080, 12000000:1 ACM, 5ms, VGA, DVI, HDMI at TigerDirect.com
- 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM #4
It will be fine connecting the desktop to the television it seems they have more ports than monitor now.
I connected my laptop to my television very easy I used an HDMI cable didn't notice the difference between having a monitor or television.
Some television have VGA ports shipped inside them as well.The most craziest member on WPCENTRAL
- 02-20-2013, 03:03 PM #6"Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 02-20-2013, 03:08 PM #7
Couple of weeks ago bought a Sony blu ray on sale with wifi. Not only blu ray and dvd, but have been streaming netflix and you tube as well. Haven't messed with hulu or other options yet. But quality is good and enjoying it so far.
- By v10type-r in forum Surface for Windows RTReplies: 14Last Post: 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM
- By Cobbakazi in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-31-2012, 09:20 AM
- By Maziar.a in forum HTC TITANReplies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2011, 04:36 AM
- By palandri in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 12-04-2011, 02:54 PM
- By Mike-Mike in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-29-2011, 02:10 PM