Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By leftturney

I'm after one of these. However, at look at reviews on Amazon turns up some reliability issues with USB 3.0 Flash Sticks in general. Anyone got any recommendations? Reliability is more important to me than performance. Something under 50/$77 would be nice too. Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Well, if performance isn't an issue, why not get a USB2.0 stick? Just a thought. It will still work with USB3.0 ports, but you'll lose performance for the sake of tried and true reliability.

If you don't mind cost, this drive is good:
    Amazon.com: Corsair Flash Voyager 64GB USB 3.0 (CMFVYGT3A-64GB): Computers & Accessories

Another option:
    Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive up to 190 MB/s SDCZ80-064G-AFFP: Electronics

Both Corsair and Sandisk are trusted name brands for me so as far as quality goes I would think both of these are very reliable. The corsair has a faster rated speed (220 MB/s vs 190 MB/s) and is cheaper than the Sandisk.
    bawboh86 likes this.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    I have an external HDD which is 3.0 and it works great 1TB Toshiba or you could buy the SONY memory stick I have a 2.0 USB and it works great.

This is the SONY UK website for the USB 3.0 USM64GQ | MICROVAULT Mach | Features | USM64GQ | USM64GQ | Sony
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

bawboh 86, fair comment. Your reasoning had crossed my mind too. I just wanted to move ahead a little.

leftturney, I've been considering the CMFVY3S-64GB. Haven't compared it with your suggestion yet, but I do like Corsair. My only ever Flash Stick to date is a years old Corsair Flash Voyager 512MB and it's been faultless. Just had a look at your Corsair link. Retails at $65 in the US. As usual in the UK I'm ripped off at $87 equivalent. Corsair's looking attractive. I'll investigate them a bit more.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    I also suggest checking into Kingston. I have a few of those around, and I've had them all for at least 5 years each, and still going strong.