Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSo View Post
    Lots of old BlackBerry users that are excited about getting an upgrade, maybe.

And RIM is no more, just FYI to the person that called them that. It's BlackBerry now.
    FYI, I would like to call the OS BlackBerry, and the company Research In Motion. Those names just carry a lot of meaning for me. Especially Research In Motion. It just sounds cooler, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    FYI, I would like to call the OS BlackBerry, and the company Research In Motion. Those names just carry a lot of meaning for me. Especially Research In Motion. It just sounds cooler, for me.
    Blackberry Z10 by Research In Motion vs Blackberry Z10 by Blackberry. Damn right RIM sounds better (except when people made all the rim job jokes I guess)
    BIGPADDY likes this.

seems to me that Microsoft is leaving it to indivual WP device makers to market WP.

In Sweden I have seen one BB user (2007) ever and I have never seen an ad for it or any mentioning of it on TV or in any papers or magazines that wasnt tech related...ever.
    A lot of people here believes that BB is some sort of sms-system that doesn't work in Europe.
    But WP8 is getting some attention on billboards and in phone adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaman04 View Post
    That's not true. Samsung and Apple are not Canadian companies, so that doesn't make a diff. Also, BB10 is making news worldwide, not just Canada.
    I agree with you. The notion that large corporations behave as though they were patriotic nationals is very outdated. Companies like MSFT and BBRY spend their marketing budgets based on expected ROI, not based on sentimental ties to geopolitical boarders. For BB10, that amounts to marketing them where Blackberrys are already popular AND consumers have the incomes to afford such expensive hardware... those two criteria leave Canada as one of very few 1st world economies worth spending marketing dollars in. That explains what you are seeing.

I'm in Canada and I really don't see too much buzz around BB10 or the Z10 this week compared to the week they launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    I'm in Canada and I really don't see too much buzz around BB10 or the Z10 this week compared to the week they launched.
    With less than 2 billion in cash on hand, BBRY doesn't have the cash to sustain carpet marketing efforts for too long either. BBRY's entire cash reserves amounts to Microsoft's W8 and WP8 world wide marketing budget, and even that didn't get MS noticed everywhere.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Blackberry Z10 by Research In Motion vs Blackberry Z10 by Blackberry. Damn right RIM sounds better (except when people made all the rim job jokes I guess)
    The amount of times I got RIM jobbed by the Curve is unreal...

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Thanked by:
    HeyCori, Mystictrust and BIGPADDY like this.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    I have seen 234,345,743,875 WP commercials.

Sir. You watch entirely too much television. This is unacceptable, and I'm putting you on a timeout from TV.
    ~Sal
    BIGPADDY and Nisse Tuta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    Sir. You watch entirely too much television. This is unacceptable, and I'm putting you on a timeout from TV.
    The FCC had some cut backs so he is the only guy left to monitor the whole shebang.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    2,732 Global Posts
    What's these lies about Windows Phones not having media attention? Folks still whining??
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12