Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    This beats out his "Gobble Gobble Jive Turkey' babble.
    But nothing beats "I WANT CAKE!! I WANT CAKE NOW!!!!"

Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b likes this.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Did you see the DJ Steve Porter remix?

snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    Did you see the DJ Steve Porter remix?

I will as soon as I get out of this class lol
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Nice. LOL

I don't mean to attack OP but fans of the losing team usually come out with this type of stuff every year. The fans have the privilege of seeing each play in slow motion, from many different angles. The refs have to make calls at the speed of the game on the spot, from one viewpoint.

I also don't buy that the NFL wanted to draw ratings out of Ray Lewis. Most people dislike Ray Lewis and there are many other players out there that the NFL could make money off of. If the NFL really was that concerned about making money they would be putting New York or Chicago teams in the Superbowl.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,759 Global Posts
    That's spooky.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

As a Jets fan, I heart you.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    I don't mean to attack OP but fans of the losing team usually come out with this type of stuff every year. The fans have the privilege of seeing each play in slow motion, from many different angles. The refs have to make calls at the speed of the game on the spot, from one viewpoint.

I also don't buy that the NFL wanted to draw ratings out of Ray Lewis. Most people dislike Ray Lewis and there are many other players out there that the NFL could make money off of. If the NFL really was that concerned about making money they would be putting New York or Chicago teams in the Superbowl.
    I know you don't know me, but ive been crying foul since the middle of the season. Way before the loss in the Superbowl. The videos I posted (I found them on yotube, not mine) were published a few weeks before the SB. Never expected the Niners to make the SB. So I wasn't surprised they lost.

Because of the season long W, W, L pattern, I thought the Niner's run wss going to end in the NFC Championship. But since they switched to a Lewis storyline, they needed a good opponent for the Ravens: Harbaugh vs Harbaugh + Ray Lewis.
    Last edited by ninjaap; 02-05-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I'm glad we don't have fans like the soccer hooligans in other countries...that light fires, pollute, pillage, rape and assualt other fans. Oh nevermind...I forgot about Philadelphia.
    ~Sal
    ninjaap likes this.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleFiene View Post
    As a Jets fan, I heart you.
    How bout this storyline: the Niners trade Alex Smith to the Jets and makes a SB run. The Niners and Jets faceoff in NY. Smith wins and throws up the middle finger to the team that threw him under the bus.
    wpn00b likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,759 Global Posts
    Off topic, but relevant to the topic. I think horse racing is something that should be looked into for being rigged.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Off topic, but relevant to the topic. I think horse racing is something that should be looked into for being rigged.
    Oh **** yes.
    palandri likes this.

How bout this storyline: the Niners trade Alex Smith to the Jets and makes a SB run. The Niners and Jets faceoff in NY. Smith wins and throws up the middle finger to the team that threw him under the bus.
    The only reason that I have a hard time with the conspiracy theory is that the Jets had one of the largest money making players on their team and they still stunk.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleFiene View Post
    The only reason that I have a hard time with the conspiracy theory is that the Jets had one of the largest money making players on their team and they still stunk.
    Rex Ryan. You need a coach that can be bought, like ours. LOL

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    I would like to add that our coach, Jim Harbaugh, is in on the scam. The whole season it was W, W, L... In each of those 4 losses, he set up the team to lose. In each of those losses the run game stayed under 100yrds. In each of those losses he put it all on the QB (be it Smith or Kaepernick). The Niners are not built like the Patriots or the Saints. The 50% run and 50% pass is what the Niners do best. And the coach knows that. You take away one of those elements, and the Niners are easily beat. It wasn't the defense that took them away, it was play calling.

The NFL and the media already decided that Ray Lewis was the bigger cash cow. But I already saw it coming a few months before the SB. I didn't even think the Niners were going to be in the SB. I thought it was going to be a Manning vs Manning deal. But I guess that will have to wait. Maybe next year? In the meantime, the Niners are due to make another playoff run next year to gain more popularity. The NFL owners wants the $200M they put up for the new Santa Clara stadium back. The only way to get it back is to sell tickets.

I had to stop watching that video after it stated Baltimore, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis are 'big market' cities.

TV Markets:

Pittsburgh: 23
    Indianapolis: 25
    Baltimore: 26
    Green Bay: 70

Only 1 team in the top 23 has won a Super Bowl in the past decade (NY).
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I bet Jim Harbaugh was the kind of kid that unplugs the Nintendo when his brother is winning...
    Or punches him in the side.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    I'm glad we don't have fans like the soccer hooligans in other countries...that light fires, pollute, pillage, rape and assualt other fans. Oh nevermind...I forgot about Philadelphia.
    JerseySal must be from the wrong side of Joisey, aka the state where on the major bridges it's free to get in but you have to pay to get out.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Thanked by:

There was no way the NFL was going to let the Ravens lose (I am not a Ravens or 49'ers fan).

Anyone see the "skirmish" where TWO different Ravens players physically pushed two officials and there wasn't a single call? In ANY sport, if you so much as TOUCH an official, it is a penalty and most often a fine.

The two point conversation attempt? Look at the replay, there is a raven that is literally bear-hugging a 49'er, almost comically. And no call.

The 49's needed to play a full game, which they didn't, but come on, even from an outsiders view of this game, it was obvious the NFL wanted the murderous Ray Lewis retirement train to end on a high note.
    Last edited by congusano; 02-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.

as long as the 49ers lost I am good. #saints
    Sigh......

-SuperBowl ratings could have a team from Alaska against a team from Wyoming and STILL be over 100 million. Not buying the "ratings" discussion.
    -If they were worried about ratings in the future,"allowing" a SuperBowl winning, MVP showing from Colin Keapernick would be way more profitable. The mobile, do everything QB's drive ratings way more then a retiring LB that over half of America dislikes.
    -I will accept the last throw, the Ravens got away with the hold. A missed call, wow. That doesn't happen 2-3 times a game to each team. But, truly, it wasn't a factor because the 1) The reciver was pushing off, 2) they were both looking back for the ball, 3) The ball was uncatchable tossed about 3 yards over the heads of everyone (a ton of referees will not throw flags on uncatchable balls late in a game), 4) The 4 plays the 49ers called in the game deciding sequence did not play to their strength, and 5) The fact they were behind 28-6 had WAY more to do with their losing then anything in the endzone with less then three minutes left.

Heck, as a life long Tampa Bay Bucs fan from a kid when the expansion was awarded them, I understand this type of talk. I lived with cream-sicle uniforms with a winking pirate with a feather as a mascot, drafting 3 QB's in the first round (Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams) that I watched win SuperBowls with other teams, 16 straight seasons of 10 losses or more, 3 out of four seasons with the #1 overall pick, one time watching our pick (Bo Jackson) sign with a Baseball team to stay away from us, and of course the wonderful, never to be touched record of 26 losses in a row.

We finally get a SuperBowl win, and I find out 10 years later that players are saying the coaches threw the game. HEY!!! LEAVE MY SUPERBOWL WIN ALONE!!!!

But, I love me some football, so anything we can talk about that keeps it in the news, I am fine with.

About that faked moon landing.....
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne
    Thanked by:
    Your coach wet the bed. Plain and simple. In addition the QB didn't have the guts to audible out of it or change the play in the huddle. Seriously. Who calls a fade with the Super Bowl on the line. It was undoubtedly a borderline penalty but who wants to be the ref that decided the Super Bowl?

How about 4 straight passes though when you have Frank Gore??? The call was questionable but the play calling was worse I think. They had time and should've at least tried a running play. IMHO of course:)

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Joe Flacco was adamant that someone tackle Ted Ginn Jr. - SBNation.com

Joe Flacco's odd plan to stop potential Super Bowl TD

While on the sideline with his teammates as the Ravens' kick-coverage team lined up with 4 seconds to play in the game and Baltimore holding a 34-31 lead, Flacco told tight end Dennis Pitta to run onto the field and tackle the San Francisco 49ers' Ted Ginn Jr. if he got into the clear.
    Last edited by ninjaap; 02-07-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast