Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    ...that the Windows 8 interface (i.e. Metro/live tiles) on a touchscreen, Chromebook-like device (basically a browser with web apps that is heavily cloud-focused), if it was priced right ($200-$250 or less) would be an awesome combination. Windows 8 IMO has a vastly superior user interface (and that superiority will become increasingly evident to more and more people in the coming months IMO) while the Chromebook concept, which is basically to strip down a laptop to its essence in terms of what most people do with a laptop, makes a lot of sense to me.

(NOTE: The Samsung Chromebook XE303 is a Series 3 Chromebook, aka the Chromebook selling for $249 at Amazon, Best Buy, and some other retailers.)

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

In a way that is sort of like Outlook.com I am sure MS will bring more services to the web like that so that you can use their services on any device and bypass the whole having to pay a cut to the app store owner thing. That's probably also the reason they want developers to use HTML5 and Java for Metro apps.

Its is very easy to turn the new Samsung chromebook into a full featured netbook by installing Ubuntu Linux. This is a very easy to follow install guide. Once complete you can have a dual boot Samsung Chromebook with ChromeOS one one disk and Ubuntu 12 on the other SSD drive.

Linux and Tech Stuff: How to install Ubuntu on Samsungs new Chromebook (notebook 303C)