Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Hi all

So this is the spec I'm expecting to be ship with the PlayStation 4 these are:

• AMD A10-5800K Quad Core clocked at 3.8GHz turbo boost 4.2GHz and because it a APU it will come with HD 7660D graphic (I would like to have it as eight core or two four core processor it is possible )
    • 18GB of RAM (No less RAM is cheap) or Corsair Vengence 16GB Quad Core Channel RAM (Quad Core Channel RAM I feel like I'm dreaming )
    • SSD OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (at least use SSD )
    • ASUS ROG MATRIX 7970 GDDR5 3GB, GPU clock at 1050MHz (1GHz) turbo boost 1100MHz (1.1GHz) link for more info ASUS - Graphics Cards- ASUS MATRIX-HD7970-P-3GD5
    • Of course a blu-ray drive

That my spec might be overkill but if it suppose to live for 10 years then that what I would like to see

Anything else I missed, better CPU, GPU, any other suggestion comment below.

Thoughts, opinion or views
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    What about price?
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
    What about price?Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    Good question About 400 to 500 for all those parts I would like it to be release price at 250 somewhere near there a bit cheaper of possible. Mass producing will shred off most of the price (well I hope it does )

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Yeah but this is just like the time when ps3 was coming out and it was predicted to have 27 usb ports. And weren't games in the near future going to be digital distribution. And from the specs you listed, the average consumer would not put the money down for it which would give more sales to the competition. I don't think Sony would want that.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    Odds are that it will have a custom CPU, not an off the shelf model. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 use custom processors. Honestly, I don't care what the specs inside are. I care what it can do with it. If Sony finds a way to make a killer gaming platform out of a Tegra 3 and 512 MB of RAM, that'd be fine with me (I know it won't, this was just an example). There is no way they go that large with solid state storage, though a Hybrid drive may be a real possibility. A SSD that size would drive the price way too high. They learned their lesson with the PS3. It wouldn't sell until it hit $299 then it sold like hot cakes. The PS4 will cost no more than $399 at launch. Mark my words.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Its price would have to go down in a year or so because by console specs standards, Nintendo releases outdated products ( spec wise ) at launch.

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    Its price would have to go down in a year or so because by console specs standards, Nintendo releases outdated products ( spec wise ) at launch.
    Yes. Nintendo's base Wii U costs $299.99. I expect the next Xbox and PS3 to both start at $350 or $399 and go up from there for premium versions. Then about a year after launch they will come down to the $299 price people are more comfortable with.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    Yeah but this is just like the time when ps3 was coming out and it was predicted to have 27 usb ports. And weren't games in the near future going to be digital distribution. And from the specs you listed, the average consumer would not put the money down for it which would give more sales to the competition. I don't think Sony would want that.
    What spec would be better than mine I know the CPU can be better perhaps custom CPU like jdevenberg mention etc.

But it was surprising when I saw the actual spec of the PS3 I think it had 256MB of RAM not to sure on the CPU or GPU if you know I'm very interested to actual know what powering my PS3.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!