- 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM #1
So this is the spec I'm expecting to be ship with the PlayStation 4 these are:
- AMD A10-5800K Quad Core clocked at 3.8GHz turbo boost 4.2GHz and because it a APU it will come with HD 7660D graphic (I would like to have it as eight core or two four core processor it is possible )
- 18GB of RAM (No less RAM is cheap) or Corsair Vengence 16GB Quad Core Channel RAM (Quad Core Channel RAM I feel like I'm dreaming )
- SSD OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (at least use SSD )
- ASUS ROG MATRIX 7970 GDDR5 3GB, GPU clock at 1050MHz (1GHz) turbo boost 1100MHz (1.1GHz) link for more info ASUS - Graphics Cards- ASUS MATRIX-HD7970-P-3GD5
- Of course a blu-ray drive
That my spec might be overkill but if it suppose to live for 10 years then that what I would like to see
Anything else I missed, better CPU, GPU, any other suggestion comment below.
Thoughts, opinion or viewsThe most craziest member on WPCENTRAL
- 01-10-2013, 06:15 PM #3
01-10-2013, 06:22 PM #4
- 623 Posts
Yeah but this is just like the time when ps3 was coming out and it was predicted to have 27 usb ports. And weren't games in the near future going to be digital distribution. And from the specs you listed, the average consumer would not put the money down for it which would give more sales to the competition. I don't think Sony would want that.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
- 01-10-2013, 06:41 PM #5
Odds are that it will have a custom CPU, not an off the shelf model. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 use custom processors. Honestly, I don't care what the specs inside are. I care what it can do with it. If Sony finds a way to make a killer gaming platform out of a Tegra 3 and 512 MB of RAM, that'd be fine with me (I know it won't, this was just an example). There is no way they go that large with solid state storage, though a Hybrid drive may be a real possibility. A SSD that size would drive the price way too high. They learned their lesson with the PS3. It wouldn't sell until it hit $299 then it sold like hot cakes. The PS4 will cost no more than $399 at launch. Mark my words.
- 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM #7
- 01-11-2013, 10:03 AM #8
But it was surprising when I saw the actual spec of the PS3 I think it had 256MB of RAM not to sure on the CPU or GPU if you know I'm very interested to actual know what powering my PS3.The most craziest member on WPCENTRAL
- By FLoods7 in forum Samsung ATIV SReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2012, 09:22 AM
- By aubreyq in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 22Last Post: 09-06-2012, 10:15 PM
- By jtn05 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 55Last Post: 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM