- 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM #1
What's with Nokia's stock price dropping today? Is there some news we should be hearing about??? Its getting close to where I'll only have made $1 a share!--
Just a sample of the devices I've owned over the years.....
Nokia ATT phone
HTC Windows Mobile (?)
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Touch Pro II
Nokia Lumia 822
Nokia Lumia 928
- 01-09-2013, 04:17 PM #4----
My Device History circa 2007:
Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone
01-09-2013, 04:42 PM #5
- 247 Posts
I think reports of a low-priced, emerging markets, iPhone are compounding today's rout. That has me more worried than what I perceive as a cash grab by overzealous Indian officials. FWIW, I think the India tax issue will fizzle out, once India sees the response by other international companies by way of threats to reduce their investments in India.
01-09-2013, 08:47 PM #7
- 247 Posts
This might have helped the Nokia "raid" story perspective. From October 2012:
Software sector to gain from Nokia tax case ruling
A recent ruling by the Delhi High Court on taxability of payment for software supplied along with hardware is a huge relief for the software industry.
The High Court ruled in a case of Nokia Networks that payment for software would not qualify as ‘royalty’ under the India-Finland Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA).
Business Line : Industry & Economy / Info-tech : Software sector to gain from Nokia tax case ruling
Retrospective amendment cannot override treaty; Sale of copyrighted article not taxable as royalty
- By Frenzytom in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 12-07-2013, 12:10 PM
- By Alexis_C in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 05-26-2012, 01:27 AM
- By tekhna in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2012, 09:42 PM
- By Gemini Ace in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 12Last Post: 04-28-2012, 09:37 AM
- By Cryp2pass in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2012, 02:18 PM