- 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM #1
What's with Nokia's stock price dropping today? Is there some news we should be hearing about??? Its getting close to where I'll only have made $1 a share!
- 01-09-2013, 03:17 PM #4----
My Device History circa 2007:
Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone
- 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM #5
I think reports of a low-priced, emerging markets, iPhone are compounding today's rout. That has me more worried than what I perceive as a cash grab by overzealous Indian officials. FWIW, I think the India tax issue will fizzle out, once India sees the response by other international companies by way of threats to reduce their investments in India.
- 01-09-2013, 03:58 PM #6
I think one reason was their not coming straight out and being vocal about expanding their market to Android. Saying that, if WP8 continues to gain marketshare, Nokia is leading the way. Lets just hope MS doesn't mess it up for them.
- 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM #7
This might have helped the Nokia "raid" story perspective. From October 2012:
Software sector to gain from Nokia tax case ruling
A recent ruling by the Delhi High Court on taxability of payment for software supplied along with hardware is a huge relief for the software industry.
The High Court ruled in a case of Nokia Networks that payment for software would not qualify as ‘royalty’ under the India-Finland Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA).
Business Line : Industry & Economy / Info-tech : Software sector to gain from Nokia tax case ruling
Retrospective amendment cannot override treaty; Sale of copyrighted article not taxable as royalty
- By Frenzytom in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 12-07-2013, 11:10 AM
- By Alexis_C in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 05-26-2012, 12:27 AM
- By tekhna in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2012, 08:42 PM
- By Gemini Ace in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 12Last Post: 04-28-2012, 08:37 AM
- By Cryp2pass in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM