Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Tweet says it all.
    windows-phone-tweet-about-ces-2013.png

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Hope its good news.

Fingers crossed, this could be a number of things at this point, all of them seem appealing at that.
    --__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money. I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
    -Jack Kerouac
    Thanked by:

Wp8.1?
    Pete Almanza likes this.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    Wp8.1?
    Maybe, I'm thinking it's more of the Ascend W1.
    parez81 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by baileystein View Post
    Maybe, I'm thinking it's more of the Ascend W1.
    Probably. Yawn.

My bold guess is the ATIV S being available on all major US carriers (including Sprint) this month.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Helicopter Steve View Post
    Probably. Yawn.

My bold guess is the ATIV S being available on all major US carriers (including Sprint) this month.
    That would be good too, Sprint just put up "coming soon" on their windows phone 8 page.

Here's what I think is possible:
    1. Windows Phone 7.8 Info
    2. Windows Phone 8.1 Info
    3. Ascend W1
    4. ATIV S
    5. Odyssey

Maybe that 7.8 is rolling out.
    You could add Surface Phone to the possibility list.... although an extremely low chance lol
    Thanked by:
    brmiller1976 and WinFan1 like this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I reads very similarly to the teaser for the Surface press conference. I guess we'll see, eh?

I'm guessing there will be a Sprint announcement.
    7.8 may get in there as well.
    The biggest news that I could get would be a fix for this mess they call Xbox Music!

Well, nothing Samsung for sure. Their CES show just ended, no mention of WP. Im leaning towards an OS update (7.8)? or the Surface Phone.

So its definitely something:
    -Windows Phone
    -Sprint
    -NOT Samsung.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Apparently, Apple is going to begin manufacturing Windows Phones!

So much for an announcement today

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    (Just joking. I wanted to see how many hearts I could have skip a beat)

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Ooooh, the Sprint folks are going to get the ATIV S! I guess good things come to those who wait...

Interesting. I guess the CDMA folks in the US have another option now.

It doesn't say which devices they will be or when they will be out so we'll have to wait and see.

I pray to god that these Sprint CDMA phones have 512-bit encryption.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Coming "this Summer"... knowing Sprint they're going to push that to the last days of Summer.
    Banned

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    For that Microsoft has a couple of months to get the coding right, which what some people working at Microsoft have hinted they are working on getting the coding and encryption right without affecting the functionality for the devices on China Mobile (which for the Qualcomm certified coders say is easy enough to do, because it also keeps 256bit encryption as an option if any network has no immediate interest in offering SVDO ready devices).
    Banned

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    And let's not forget the FCC has a follow up hearing on the coding and encryption for all major mobile platforms coming this summer, and Windows Phone had the CDMA coding issue that will have to be proper by then. The FCC is seriously considering changes on network security for both GSM and CDMA networks. On the GSM side is to let OEMs come up with a global standard to be able to lock a lost/stolen device and for carriers to come up with a way to have devices listed on the blocked list CDMA carriers have, and for that more basic encryption may or may not be needed.

On the CDMA side is to close the gap against GSM networks when it comes to simultaneous talk and surf (and here is where the 512bit encryption on CDMA networks and their devices partially come into play when it comes to the full form of SVDO, as Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular have been offering since last year, more specifically to Sprint because they are doing all the steps for SVDO via Network Vision deployment).

This may sound like jibberish to some, but these are things to come from the FCC sooner than later.
    Thanked by:
    Robert Carpenter likes this.

I certainly hope that their HTC phone offering is a different form factor than the 8X.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmdj31675 View Post
    And let's not forget the FCC has a follow up hearing on the coding and encryption for all major mobile platforms coming this summer, and Windows Phone had the CDMA coding issue that will have to be proper by then. The FCC is seriously considering changes on network security for both GSM and CDMA networks. On the GSM side is to let OEMs come up with a global standard to be able to lock a lost/stolen device and for carriers to come up with a way to have devices listed on the blocked list CDMA carriers have, and for that more basic encryption may or may not be needed.

On the CDMA side is to close the gap against GSM networks when it comes to simultaneous talk and surf (and here is where the 512bit encryption on CDMA networks and their devices partially come into play when it comes to the full form of SVDO, as Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular have been offering since last year, more specifically to Sprint because they are doing all the steps for SVDO via Network Vision deployment).

This may sound like jibberish to some, but these are things to come from the FCC sooner than later.
    Gibberish for the average consumer, yes. They just want good phones at good prices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast