Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    Here are some of my current favorites, in no particular order:

Don't trust the B-- in Apt. 23.
    Grey's Anatomy
    Happy Endings
    Walking Dead
    The Newsroom
    TrueBlood
    Game of Thrones
    Modern Family

There are more, I watch entirely too much TV.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDedrick View Post
    Are we talking now or all time?

Power Rangers (seasons one through five)

You know, I loved the Power Rangers. I probably still watched it a little too long after I should've for my age, though. I would tape each episode in the morning because I could only watch the first few minutes before I had to go to school, and I would watch the episode after I got home. I saw the first two movies in theaters, too, which is something for me since I rarely had the chance to go to the cinema as a kid. I even bought (or rather, had bought for me) the two Super Nintendo games.

I was super into that show though. I didn't stop watching until after the Turbo movie, when the villain lady kept making monsters that were always some form of bomb with the intent of just blowing stuff up. It just got really dumb. I was always hoping Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd would come back as villains. They kept teasing that a couple of times, but it never materialized. I know the show was just there to sell toys, but I loved it anyway. I can still remember all of the original Power Rangers actors' and characters' names by heart.

I'm glad to see someone else who liked them too. I didn't put that show on my list, but there are a lot of shows I watched as a kid that I didn't... I'll go over a few now... Did you or anyone else watch these, too?

Salute Your Shorts
    Adventures of Pete and Pete
    Hey Dude
    Secret of Alex Mack
    Boy Meets World
    Ghostwriter
    Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Most of those were on Nickelodeon. They used to have good shows, not only for children but also for adults.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    Duvi likes this.

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    Red Dwarf (just ordered the collection and Back to Earth)

Buffy

X-Files

Grimm

Once Upon a Time

Forever Knight

Misfits

Criminal Minds (thanks Ion TV for getting me hooked)

True Blood
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

fav in no order...

Game of thrones

Battlestar galactica

Modern family

Walking dead

Suits

Homeland(S2 finale was awful...lost the whole plot)

Rome

Arrested development

Breaking Bad

Workaholics

Dexter

Sherlock
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    NCIS
    NCIS LA
    Person of Interest
    Bones
    The Mentalist
    All Star Trek movies and TV shows
    Original Twilight Zone
    MASH
    Are you being served? BBC
    Faulty Towers BBC
    As Time goes By BBC
    Hogans Heroes
    Frazier
    2/12 men with Charlie Sheen
    Big Bang Theory
    Bonanza
    Gunsmoke

More as I think about it.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Quote Originally Posted by iloveamystery View Post
    You know, I loved the Power Rangers. I probably still watched it a little too long after I should've for my age, though. I would tape each episode in the morning because I could only watch the first few minutes before I had to go to school, and I would watch the episode after I got home. I saw the first two movies in theaters, too, which is something for me since I rarely had the chance to go to the cinema as a kid. I even bought (or rather, had bought for me) the two Super Nintendo games.

I was super into that show though. I didn't stop watching until after the Turbo movie, when the villain lady kept making monsters that were always some form of bomb with the intent of just blowing stuff up. It just got really dumb. I was always hoping Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd would come back as villains. They kept teasing that a couple of times, but it never materialized. I know the show was just there to sell toys, but I loved it anyway. I can still remember all of the original Power Rangers actors' and characters' names by heart.

I'm glad to see someone else who liked them too. I didn't put that show on my list, but there are a lot of shows I watched as a kid that I didn't... I'll go over a few now... Did you or anyone else watch these, too?

Salute Your Shorts
    Hey Dude
    Secret of Alex Mack
    Boy Meets World
    Ghostwriter

Most of those were on Nickelodeon. They used to have good shows, not only for children but also for adults.
    I pretty much watched all those shows. Some to more varying degrees than others.
    As for Power Rangers, I actually watched well past season 5, probably up to season 7. By that time, I was in high school. It was never really about being too old, but more so Disney getting a hold of the franchise and it just became a generic kids show (although 2 or 3 out of Disney's 8 seasons is somewhat decent) that I stopped. If you have Netflix (which has every season), I would at recommend at least checking out the season after Turbo, In Space. It was originally supposed to be the final season and the entire season is just one big thank you to the fans. The ratings spiked up so high, its was decided to continue the show (with Lost Galaxy being the next one). I would also check out Dino Thunder as that is the one where Tommy returns as a ranger (full time)
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,251 Global Posts
    I really don't watch much TV. The news mostly. I did recently discover a channel in Chicago (WWME) that has a lot of really old reruns of shows that I watched growing up and when I watch them now they just seem silly There was one show I liked growing up that I can still watch today on WWME is, "The Wild Wild West". It's still a great show today!
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    - Game of Thrones
    - Mad Men
    - Breaking Bad
    - Walking Dead
    - Dexter
    - 30 Rock
    - Parks and Rec
    - Louis

On the whole, I find network tv pretty lame aside from a few exceptions. The stuff from the cable companies is much better.
    My next phone...
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Mad Men
    The Mentalist
    The Good Wife
    Downton Abbey
    Wheeler Dealers
    Leverage
    Sherlock
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Last edited by mlm1950; 01-02-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDedrick View Post
    I pretty much watched all those shows. Some to more varying degrees than others.

As for Power Rangers, I actually watched well past season 5, probably up to season 7. By that time, I was in high school. It was never really about being too old, but more so Disney getting a hold of the franchise and it just became a generic kids show (although 2 or 3 out of Disney's 8 seasons is somewhat decent) that I stopped. If you have Netflix (which has every season), I would at recommend at least checking out the season after Turbo, In Space. It was originally supposed to be the final season and the entire season is just one big thank you to the fans. The ratings spiked up so high, its was decided to continue the show (with Lost Galaxy being the next one). I would also check out Dino Thunder as that is the one where Tommy returns as a ranger (full time)
    I'll probably watch the show again sometime soon when I have enough free time. Tommy was my favorite when I was a kid, but shortly after I watched the show I started hearing things about how Jason David Frank was really rude to David Yost (Billy). There's even a video on YouTube of him calling David "Gayvid" where Thuy Trang (RIP) tells him to back off or something like that. I think they're okay with each other now as adults, but from the cons I think they might still play pranks on each other. Jason David Frank was pretty known for that on the set from interviews I've read/seen. So while I was always aware that Tommy returned for Dino Thunder, I never had the inclination to watch it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I forgot to admit that my latest guilty pleasure is watching Duck Dynasty.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

I'll probably watch the show again sometime soon when I have enough free time. Tommy was my favorite when I was a kid, but shortly after I watched the show I started hearing things about how Jason David Frank was really rude to David Yost (Billy). There's even a video on YouTube of him calling David "Gayvid" where Thuy Trang (RIP) tells him to back off or something like that. I think they're okay with each other now as adults, but from the cons I think they might still play pranks on each other. Jason David Frank was pretty known for that on the set from interviews I've read/seen. So while I was always aware that Tommy returned for Dino Thunder, I never had the inclination to watch it.
    Oh I've heard the stories about JDF. While I try not to judge anyone I don't know personally, I would be lying if I said the stories haven't sullied my enjoyment of Tommy a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    - Game of Thrones
    - Mad Men
    - Breaking Bad
    - Walking Dead
    - Dexter
    - 30 Rock
    - Parks and Rec
    - Louis

On the whole, I find network tv pretty lame aside from a few exceptions. The stuff from the cable companies is much better.
    I find network tv to be too rreactionary and impatient. The networks would be filled so many great shows if they just gave them a chance grow or scheduled them correctly
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts

Salute Your Shorts
    Hey Dude
    Secret of Alex Mack
    Boy Meets World
    Ghostwriter

I was talking to my boy about these shows earlier today while we were looking at movies to watch and we saw "The Goonies", being both our favorite.

He recently watched every episode of "Are you afraid of the dark" at work. Yeah... his job is easy. Lol.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    There is not much time for TV in my life

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    In this particular order:

• Game of Thrones
    • Top Gear
    • The Walking Dead
    • Modern Family
    • South Park
    • Family Guy
    • Kitchen Nightmares (yeah...don't ask)

The Walking Dead
    Fringe
    Suits
    Big Bang Theory
    All Stargate series
    NFL
    NBA
    Track & Field
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Breaking Bad
    Boardwalk Empire
    Game of Thrones
    The Boss
    Spartacus
    Speed from my Surface
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

(Very girly shows)
    TVD
    PLL
    Lying Game
    SWAB
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Scrubs
    How I Met Your Mother
    Big Bang Theory
    House
    South park
    Family guy
    Lie to me
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    • Breaking Bad
    • Sons of Anarchy
    • American Horror Story
    • The Walking Dead
    • Fringe
    • American Idol
    • X-Factor
    • The Voice
    • Don't Trust the B--- in Apt. 23
    • Modern Family
    • Saturday Night Live
    • Anger Management
    • The Office
    • Shark Tank

Plan to watch:

• The Americans
    • The Following
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Quote Originally Posted by CamiKitti View Post
    (Very girly shows)
    TVD
    PLL
    Lying Game
    SWAB
    I know its a silly thing to mention, but I wish The Vampire Diaries didn't have that "girly" stigma attached to it. Sure, it might have started out that way and the books might be geared toward girls. But its a really well done show that most guys would love if given the chance.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CamiKitti View Post
    (Very girly shows)
    TVD
    PLL
    Lying Game
    SWAB
    I swear I didn't have a clue about any of those shows until Tony (above) mentioned TVD stands for The Vampire Diaries. Regardless, I haven't seen it nor know what the other shows are about.

Currently:
    Game of Thrones
    Walking Dead
    Mad Men
    Boardwalk Empire
    Spartacus
    Daily Show/Colbert Report
    Newsroom
    Family Guy

Some older favorites:
    Weeds
    Deathnote
    The Tudors
    Planet Earth, and anything else like it on BBC, Discovery Channel, etc.

And oh, how I miss:
    The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Six Feet Under
    Oz
    Rome
    Carnivale

Love me some HBO
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    I swear I didn't have a clue about any of those shows until Tony (above) mentioned TVD stands for The Vampire Diaries. Regardless, I haven't seen it nor know what the other shows are about.
    Most of them are from ABC Family and CW. There's a hint, haha. I just shortened most of them.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast