Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By jdevenberg
  • 1 Post By phatboy66
  • 3 Post By jdevenberg
  • 1 Post By snowmutt
  • 3 Post By socialcarpet
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 2 Post By jdevenberg
  • 1 Post By JerseySal
  1. phatboy66's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
       #1  
    The Alex Jones radio show on Infowars.com is getting pretty big in the USA and Worldwide with almost 3 million listeners on weekdays. They also have a big Youtube channel and podcasts app on the App Store and on Android Google Play. I listen to podcasts on my Windows Phone using Bringcast.

    I'd just like to know i f there's some people on this site that like his show as well

    Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
  2. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    #2  
    Alex Jones is an *****. His entire show is based on fear mongering based on tiny shreds of evidence he twists and misrepresents to fit his purposes. He is nothing more than an angry guy with a journalism degree.
    Thanked by:
    budney and Alex Kj like this.
  3. Nophix's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    #3  
    Alex Jones has some pretty good info, but like all the rest of those guys, you have to look past the entertainment spin put on to make money. Do that and you'll get to the real info.

    If you want cleaner, more direct info a bit more grounded in reality, look up Jack Spirko at The Survival Podcast.

    Www.thesurvivalpodcast.com

    I'm not affiliated, just a fan.
    I carry a fleet!
    AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Lumia 900
    HTC 8X
    iPhone 4S

    Now featuring more Sprint!
    HTC EVO 4G LTE


    How's that for a geek pathology!
  4. phatboy66's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Alex Jones is an *****. His entire show is based on fear mongering based on tiny shreds of evidence he twists and misrepresents to fit his purposes. He is nothing more than an angry guy with a journalism degree.
    I can understand that some people don't like when he gets angry and yells on air but the info he gives is always provided with links and he tells people to go verify it by themselves. I think you're too quick to judge and should check out their website.

    Drudge report and Infowars.com are really the best right now in alternative media! I know theres alot of other good sites but they're not as big as these two.
    snowmutt likes this.
  5. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by phatboy66 View Post
    I can understand that some people don't like when he gets angry and yells on air but the info he gives is always provided with links and he tells people to go verify it by themselves. I think you're too quick to judge and should check out their website.

    Drudge report and Infowars.com are really the best right now in alternative media! I know theres alot of other good sites but they're not as big as these two.
    I have checked out infowars.com extensively because one of my best friends is always talking about it and loves Alex Jones, so I wanted to see what it was all about. The biggest problem with all his links and sources is that they almost always (greater than 90% of the time) are from groups that have an agenda when it comes to whatever topic (think an NRA report on gun safety or the study by Sapporo showing the positives of beer consumption for example). Groups that have a vested interest in a subject aren't reliable sources for studies,because they will often structure a study so that it will have to come to their conclusion. He doesn't use independent, unbiased sources. As an entertainer, that works great for him. It allows him to have a constant supply of shocker, fear generating headlines that have helped him get to the 3 million followers. As a reliable source of news, however, it seriously undermines his credibility.
    budney, snowmutt and Alex Kj like this.
  6. #6  
    I had to go look him up!!

    I will say this: I love a good revolution, no matter who starts it. Anything that makes people go research something is a good thing. I have heard quite a bit of these conspiracy theories, and I have read enough about them that very few are in my level of concern. But any research at all will help educate the American public, and I am in favor of that. No different then sitting through Current TV's layers of "They are Evil" reports.

    Go on with your bad self, Mr. Jones!!!
    Before posting anything, please be sure to get the facts straight. You can always distort them to your liking later.
    palandri likes this.
  7. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #7  
    The mainstream media in this country is biased and screwy enough as it is. I don't really have the time to waste listening to crackpots speculating about the news. No offense. The only main news sources really worth a damn IMHO are Reuters, BBC, NPR and Al Jazeera English. Maybe a few others.. But CNN is a joke with Joy Behar and ***** celebrity news puff pieces. FOX news is even worse, its news for dumb people who just want their biases confirmed. Its pretty embarrassing what passes for news in this country. :( Reuters and NPR are almost all we have to be proud of. The whole news as entertainment thing has turned us into a nation of I'll informed biased idiots and conspiracy theorists.
    budney, GSOgymrat and Alex Kj like this.
  8. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,903 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,033 Global Posts
    #8  
    I think it's a good idea to listen to a broad range of media. TuneIn Radio is a great application to get a broad range of media.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    snowmutt likes this.
  9. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    The mainstream media in this country is biased and screwy enough as it is. I don't really have the time to waste listening to crackpots speculating about the news. No offense. The only main news sources really worth a damn IMHO are Reuters, BBC, NPR and Al Jazeera English. Maybe a few others.. But CNN is a joke with Joy Behar and ***** celebrity news puff pieces. FOX news is even worse, its news for dumb people who just want their biases confirmed. Its pretty embarrassing what passes for news in this country. :( Reuters and NPR are almost all we have to be proud of. The whole news as entertainment thing has turned us into a nation of I'll informed biased idiots and conspiracy theorists.
    I agree. I get my news from BBC radio and NPR. I've got a 45 minute commute to work so news radio and audio books are my friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I think it's a good idea to listen to a broad range of media. TuneIn Radio is a great application to get a broad range of media.
    I agree, and I have no problem with Alex Jones as an entertainer. My problem with him is that he trys to bill him self and sell him self as a news source, which he shouldn't be relied upon as. I listen to all sorts of people who I disagree with and have crazy points of view not based in facts, including Alex Jones. I just like to try and help people realize that, while entertaining, he is most certainly not a reliable source of news.
  10. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,903 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,033 Global Posts
    #10  
    Let's not forget Jesse (The Body) Ventura

    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
  11. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Let's not forget Jesse (The Body) Ventura

    Haha. I love that show, it cracks me up how intense he gets. My coworkers at my last job all watched it and took it way to seriously.
    Thanked by:
    palandri and snowmutt like this.
  12. JerseySal's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    561 Posts
    Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    #12  
    As libertarian, I wish there were more avenues to stay informed. Alex Jones flies off the handle, and sensationalizes news just like everybody else. As far as NPR, BBC, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, PBS, and all the other propaganda arms of govt, I don't trust them. To understand how the govt. really works means you have to be weary of mainstream media sources too. I am a news junky, and it sucks that the major media organizations are influenced by corporate/govt. entities. It's hard to know who to trust, and that's why Alex Jones gets the attention he does.
    Thanked by:
    geekmaster likes this.
  13. 1101x10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    128 Posts
    #13  
    This is the real Alex Jones

    Thanked by:
  14. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    978 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    #14  
    Ha! This thread reminds me of the series "The Newsroom" on AMC. When I first started watching I thought to myself, "Yeah! This is how the news should be." But as I got into the series, I found it was dripping with bias and came to the conclusion that there is really no such thing as non partisan news. If there was a station somewhere that just had some talking head just giving the unvarnished facts, it would quickly get cancelled due to lack of ratings. As far as that series goes, I still continue to watch - but mostly because I'll watch anything Olivia Munn is in.
    My next phone...
  15. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Ha! This thread reminds me of the series "The Newsroom" on AMC. When I first started watching I thought to myself, "Yeah! This is how the news should be." But as I got into the series, I found it was dripping with bias and came to the conclusion that there is really no such thing as non partisan news. If there was a station somewhere that just had some talking head just giving the unvarnished facts, it would quickly get cancelled due to lack of ratings. As far as that series goes, I still continue to watch - but mostly because I'll watch anything Olivia Munn is in.
    That is a good show. Its on HBO though, not AMC.
  16. geekmaster's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #16  
    I was introduced to him stumbling upon an older video of his talking about the CPS. From there I subscribed to his infowars channel on youtube. Today i have noticed that 60 percent of what he brings to the table really is irrefutable, common sense knowledge. However, i knew already that there was a lot more to historical events such as 9-11 and the JFK assassination, before i knew who Alex Jones even was. But sometimes i do question where his heart really is at. He made an *** of himself hyping up Y2K, and saying Putin was going to nuke the United States; really he must be a big sucker for zionism. Also the Cointel-Pro c*** was WAY to obvious for anyone not to have called BS on Alex. He says he has a spiritual connection with god, ehhhh; not really. from the looks of it he drools in acting like some Luciferian demon Over Acting as the "elite". And when he does get at it, he completely looses his S*** ... to the point where it becomes unbearable to watch. He will constantly interrupt guests. And from observations i made when listening to his show, a big percentage of his callers sound like hicks with broken English. He also talks extremely fast mixed with being extremely emotional, making it terribly tough to absorb any of his information. I find it really awkward that he looks almost the same as back in the 90's, so his formula never really has changed. In short he gives the conspiracy realists a very bad wrap by handing out misinformation, combined with stress and depression

    What's interesting is that I recently Re-discovered Bill Cooper in early november of 2012. Unlike Alex Jones, you most likely WILL be able to stand listening to the late Bill Cooper for an entire recorded show. Even though his work ended when his life was ended in 2001, the stuff he put on the table still rings as fresh as it did when he was still alive. I have posted a video of the anti Alex Jones Y2K coverage Bill did at the turn of the 21st century. Warning, you are about to receive a major culture shock.

    Last edited by geekmaster; 12-28-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    Windows phone 8. Born in the year of our lord twenty twelve
  17. Nophix's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    #17  
    Check out No Agenda with Adam Curry and John Dvorak as well. Noagendashow.com

    I can't stand mainstream news anymore. It's almost as if they are trying to see just how stupid the general public really is. Real journalism is dying thanks to those morons.

    Unfortunately, I think Alex is boarding the same train now. I know the guy needs to make money to keep going, but I think he has lost a bit if his touch in the process.
    I carry a fleet!
    AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Lumia 900
    HTC 8X
    iPhone 4S

    Now featuring more Sprint!
    HTC EVO 4G LTE


    How's that for a geek pathology!

Similar Threads

  1. I can't find any of my music files on my computer
    By cba191 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 11:28 PM
  2. Outlook Email Icon not showing up on lock screen
    By hellerz85 in forum HTC Trophy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
  3. Observations on the best OS (WP7 vs webOS)
    By HazedNInfuzd in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
  4. Purchased app not showing up on device
    By mrasmussen in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 11:43 PM
  5. Nokia WP7 device, [not any official/unofficial leaks]. based on x7.
    By jc0196 in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 09:15 AM

Posting Permissions