Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nophix
  • 1 Post By jdevenberg
  • 1 Post By brmiller1976
  1.    #1  
    ...all you have to do is read the title of their article: "Better Beats but not Bose killers". How can anyone read that and not laugh?

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Because the Bose headphones are arguably much better than the Beats headphones. I've used both, the Beats just has too much after-processing. Don't get me wrong, they did a great job with the chip in the phones, but the headphones themselves are simply not that good.

There are much better than even Bose though. Etmyotic, Shure, Sennheiser, all make much better units in a similar price range.

Bose everything are gimmick products marketed to 40+ folk who are not tech savy. You're paying for the actors' in fake airplane fuselages camo grey hair dye jobs.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Beats are the same thing marketed to 20 year olds. They're both glorified pieces of trash, Bose just sucks a little less.

Like I said, for the same price, buy something much better without the fancy marketing attached.
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Either way, it doesn't mean CNet is bad for recommending a product based on an opinion. Its kind of what most articles like that do.

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    There are many, many reasons to mock CNET for no longer being a credible site. This is not one of them. I listen to podcasts, talk radio, and watch movies much more than I listen to music, and when I listen to music it isn't usually bass heavy. If I were going to buy an overhyped, over priced headphone set, Bose would fit my usage better. If I listened to more music (particularly bass heavy rock, rap, and hip hop), beats would be a better fit (or if I cared much at all about style). However, as others have said, both are over priced for what you get and your money is better spent else where. Id take a pair of klipsch image s4 buds over Bose or beats any day.
    Thanked by:
    Nophix 
    a5cent likes this.

Never bought into the Monster Cable business and will do the same with Beats. Half your money is paying for marketing. A good product will sell itself.

Agree about Cnet.
    CNET, the perfect tech site for clueless grandma and grandpa.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop

Bose aren't great, Beats are worse

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    "The new Dacia -- still no Yugo-killer."
    jdevenberg likes this.