Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I used to be a big fan of Google Chrome but I downloaded Windows 8 a few days ago and started using ie10. I've spent the last two hours playing around with it (something I thought I'd never do with a browser!) and I must say I'm really impressed.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Firefox, but out of habit. I've been using it since it was Phoenix 0.2. Since the beta of Windows 8 I've used IE 10 side by side with Firefox and both the metro and desktop versions are actually quite good. The only reason I haven't switched is because I'm just so used to Firefox and know the extensions and keyboard shortcuts I need. I could see myself using IE more if they had sync with the mobile versions, or some other integration with the phone. I'm sure they will over time.
    Yes, I'm on Twitter.

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    Honestly, opera mini, I use it on my HTC snap (windows Mobile 6.5 standard-I know, you can laugh, but for its time it was a solid alternative to black berry, especially considering that it has 3G)....I'm frustrated that I cant find it (opera mini or any browser from opera) for WP8.

As for my preferred PC browser, I choose Google chrome, Google chrome canary is good to but I'm not such a big fan of beta.

I'm sorry I'm a little lost, is this thread about the browsers for pc/mac or Windows phone ?
    Developer

I use Chrome Canary and IE.

IE primarily because its there, although I do quite like it. I use Chrome Canary for web development stuff as it has all the latest chrome tools and it's developer tools are the best.

I never really use the Metro version if IE, always the desktop version.

Global Posts
    735 Global Posts
    I've been all Firefox for years, but IE 10 & 11 has been making me consider IE more often when browsing. But my first choice remains Firefox.

Opera since....damn, way, way back. So far back I paid $35 to eliminate ads and get one on one customer support!

So many features, like saving pages in one simple MHTML file. I think only IE has this. My search bar has Find in Page, Ebay, Amazon, and Wikipedia. Always right there.

I'm talking about Opera 12 point something. A few months ago they rolled out v.15, now 16. Turns out it was a complete rewrite using the Chrome engine! NOT Opera. No features I love.

Firefox is my secondary, a lot of nice plug ins. But still not having what I love in Opera, like the save pages to MHTML....unless I've missed that. Every try to save a page in Chrome? Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by jmshub View Post
    I've been all Firefox for years, but IE 10 & 11 has been making me consider IE more often when browsing. But my first choice remains Firefox.
    Same here. I use Firefox on my Win7 desktop and IE when using Win8. Haven't had any issues using them. When I tried Chrome way back when, I had intermittent issues with adobe flash which caused it to crash. Haven't used it since then.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    Opera since....damn, way, way back. So far back I paid $35 to eliminate ads and get one on one customer support!

So many features, like saving pages in one simple MHTML file. I think only IE has this. My search bar has Find in Page, Ebay, Amazon, and Wikipedia. Always right there.

I'm talking about Opera 12 point something. A few months ago they rolled out v.15, now 16. Turns out it was a complete rewrite using the Chrome engine! NOT Opera. No features I love.

Firefox is my secondary, a lot of nice plug ins. But still not having what I love in Opera, like the save pages to MHTML....unless I've missed that. Every try to save a page in Chrome? Ha!
    Same here. Opera seems to be the only browser I've found that correctly displays the webpages I visit most. Plus, I really do think it's faster than Chrome. I also don't like the whole NSA Google thing either which kind of keeps me off Chrome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by derek533 View Post
    Same here. Opera seems to be the only browser I've found that correctly displays the webpages I visit most. Plus, I really do think it's faster than Chrome. I also don't like the whole NSA Google thing either which kind of keeps me off Chrome as well.
    Now, THAT'S real interesting. If there's been one fault with Opera over the many years I've used it is that sometimes things like buttons don't appear. Same page in any other browser, there they are. A javascript error? For what I know.

When I updated to 15, what a shock! It took me awhile to realize that this is a whole new ballgame, and that it's really just an alternative shell to Chrome! Have to say, eye candy displays unlike old age Chrome. Once I got back off the floor, I went intertube hunting, found the last version of 12 available and have saved it to my hd. I'll run that until it's ready for brower Medicare.

I never understood the lack of market share Opera suffered from, although they succeeded will in mobile platforms. No WP yet. So many brilliant ideas. They were the first with tabbed browsing. I remember Ballmer saying it wasn't even worth incorporating........until the next IE came out. "Find in page," which can be a permanent part of your search bar, is the best out there. And the only alterative browser for MHTML files is IE.....which if push comes to shove, I'd probably use for that reason.

Safari mainly but sometimes Chrome. Depends what takes my fancy to be honest.

Global Posts
    14,472 Global Posts
    My favorite one Is IE10 just beacaue it's stable for me and fast :) now its IE11 after I installed the full version of windows 8.1 if you guys like ie10 you are going to love IE11 :)
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 09-21-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    they say your mistakes are your best teachers but how can it teach you something if you don't know what you did wrong :/ ? or maybe im thinking too much again

Chrome, but only because I have a Windows 7 desktop. As soon as I get a Windows 8 laptop I think my favorite browser will be IE10.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    At work, i prefer google chrome because our office pcs have IE 8 which is restricted in content due to IT policies - Google Chrome is banned but it allows you to access sites which are needed and blocked by the work IE 8

On my windows 8 tablet and laptop? IE10! I think IE10 is the best.

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Chrome
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Ambassador

Global Posts
    3,041 Global Posts
    Chrome, I use Internet Explorer when I feel like I'm about to be kidnapped :/

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

im using chrome. well only problem with this browser is that it takes a lot of memory with every tab
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    3,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arielwp View Post
    im using chrome. well only problem with this browser is that it takes a lot of memory with every tab
    Try to use Opera :)

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    703 Global Posts
    IE10, don't want data leaks or data theft.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    Opera all the way.

I like Mozilla Firefox. Because best and fast.

I was an avid Firefox user until I upgraded to Win 8. I heard IE had improved a lot and was on par in many ways with other browsers, so I thought I will give it an honest chance and I havn't installed any other browser since.

So IE11 for me, syncs nicely with my Surface RT that doesn't really have much options. If only it synced with my phone too, but oh well.
    Chrome is great. But hogs up a lot of resources. IE 11 is a great alternative
    Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.

Chrome is a resource hog.. I use IE11 on Windows 8.1. That browser is lightning fast and has bookmarks sync and tab sync (finally). Plus I like the integration into the OS, being a Microsoft product of coarse.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
    firefox......:)
    Now, it depends on device.

Pre-Win8: Chrome.
    Win8: IE.
    I don't have a phone right now. At least, a working one.
    Gaurav Paul likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12